We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

Hi guys! Anyone have any suggestions on which service to use to get us to Eden house from the airport.? Reasonably priced, and fast would be great!! ;) thanks in advance!!!!!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,430 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

Ae you talking about the Eden House guest house in Key West? You are aware it is about 200 miles from Ft . Lauderdale? The only transportation I could suggest is Keys Shuttle a shared ride that leaves 4-5 times a day from FLL- I don't think it will take you door to door and I am not sure where in Key West it drops you from which you would need a taxi..Noother alternative comes to mind.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,485 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

their website is currently offline:

www.keysshuttle.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

Brooklyn
Level Contributor
118 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

If you book with them in advance they do drop yoj at your hotel...I used tham last week from miami.

The other possibility, althou check not direct, is to get greyhoind. There are 2 bisses each day to and from key west. You may have to change in miami though

new york
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

Hi guys, thank you. Yes we know it's some distance, we originally planned on sobe but then changed our minds. How was the shuttle? Will they stop for refreshments or just go straight through??

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

I would rent a car, that way you could get there as fast as you wanted, or stop along the way at whatever looked interesting. This would especially apply to a short stay, like a long weekend.

If you're staying longer, I would recommend the drive down/shuttle out option - you could just drop the car at the airport after the first night. Adding a one way connecting flight back to FLL would accomplish the same thing - the shuttle would be cheaper of course, but the flight would be a heck of a lot faster, giving you an extra half day on the island.

new york
Level Contributor
317 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

Thanks ja, we're only there for 3 days then back to sobe. Didn't want the responsibility of a car since we are on vaca, but will def look into that if it is the best/cheapest/fastest option. Thanks again!!!

7. Re: Shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Eden house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West