We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keys in May, need help what to do

Jackson, Mississippi
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Keys in May, need help what to do

I will be staying in Marathon from thursday may 23 thru tues the 28th. I have a 2008 yamaha fx sho jetski (big 3 seater) and want some advice on where to sight see with it. Also some good places i can anchor ski and snorkel. We love to just ride and see the scenes, and also some ideas of places I can pull up my ski and eat lunch. Im open to head north or south of Marathon. Please help. Ive had my jetski @7 miles offshore before so thats not an issue. I ca tell u i was in key west @4 years ago on a cruise and wasnt impressed with the reef snorkel trip, we got to swim up to a reef and wasnt much to look at, im comparing this to being in the bahamas after, it was awesome snorkeling there.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,006 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keys in May, need help what to do

There are several small reefs and two larger ones off Marathon with mooring balls. Sombrero, Coffins Patch and another in between that I have forgotten the name of. No more then three miles off shore. Several restaurants to go to by water - The Island, Burdines, Sparky's Landing, Castaway, Lazy Days and Tranquility Bay are the ones we frequent by boat and like. You can do a loop around Marathon including Grassy Key and even travel around the Duck Key Canals.

Try checking out the Marathon and FLorida Keys forums for Marathon stuff rather then Key Wests.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
12,923 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keys in May, need help what to do

check with some of the local shops near where you're staying, many have charts etc.

3. Re: Keys in May, need help what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key West