We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Any choices for such a place ?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,166 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Not that I've ever done this but there is a clothing-optional bar on the second floor of a bar on Duval Street. I want to say the Bull-N-Whistle but if it's not this one, it's close to it. Walk south on Duval from the conch train stop and look to your right and up. You'll see the ads.

Pjk

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,659 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

You are correct sir. The name of the bar is actually Garden of Eden which is on top of The Bull-N-Whistle.

I think that Atlantic Shores also has clothing optional areas.

In addition there are B & B's with clothing optional pool areas. I don't know what they are.

d
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

THE B&B are Pilot house and Marrero;s in regards to the ? we never did. had some wild times anything can happen in KW do you have to be member on yahoo ? see u

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

naw just go to the yahoo member direstory and look up gnrcleveland

d
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Can't find it ;I sign up even

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Send me an email (just add @yahoo to our member name and I'll send you a link)

d
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Would like to but my e-mail is view by my older kids.I look under yahoo profiles maybe i;m in the wrong place.I;ll be in Cleveland west side tomorrow morning small world ? take care Ill keep trying will figure something out

Murfreesboro...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

I'm going to Atlantic Shores in mid March. It seems to

have (from what I can tell) a fairly mixed crowd and

includes a clothing opt pool. I'd love to hear from others

on the pros/cons of this resort though.

Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Atlantic Shores Resort....

Wife and I went there, did that - didn't wear the shirt.....

If you want to go to a C/O place in Key West, your choices are few...ASR is nice, it is old, has character and nice pool/pier/bar area for doing the C/O thing...if that is the prime reason you are going to KW, I recommend it....it is in a nice area, restaurants around the area, it has it's own Diner Shores that has surprising good food and prices....it's a great area to walk in, BUT is it at the extreme opposite end of Duval from the Mallory festivities, etc....a strong mile walk...

Hey...there are nicer places to get a room...and pricier places...but if C/O is a strong reason for your visit to KW, the pool there will not disappoint....Our first trip to KW, we went there just because of that...and were not disappointed...now we go to KW, stay elsewhere (a little nicer) and still go to their pool area, as it is open to the public...We have done Marrerro's and loved the place, although the C/O aspects were a little uncomfortable - a different crowd....but the guesthouse and owners are first rate...Deja Vu was great, but now closed...We've never done the Pilot House, so have no experience to share...some B&B places provide a raised sundeck to lay out in private....away from the pool (referred to as European Sundeck)...hey..that's fine, but not the emerced experience of ASR pool and pier....

We stay closer to Duval festivities because we found there is no way to stay out in that sun for any great length of time, with or with out clothes....you'll burn up....a few hours is plenty each day...so after our first trip, we decided that C/O was important, but it just was not a practical full time pastime there.

DJV was a compound where you could get in and out of the sun, so that was better....Marrerro's has a smaller pool area which is partially shaded....

I say...you decide...your not going to go wrong....now, if your looking to hook up with other couples, etc...that I cannot speak to..that is not our thing....taking your clothes off...that we can attest to....too bad the ASR web cam is down..you could get a first hand idea..

rambled enough...go...enjoy KW...there is so much to do...

T&P

KY
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Clothing optional for hetero couples ?

Timbova, why were the clothing optional aspects of Marreros uncomfortable? We are going in May. Are there plenty of lounge chairs around? Can you get out of the sun around the pool if you choose? Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Key West