We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Loooking for suggestions for a steel drum band and/or a full band or an acoustic guitarist for my October wedding. Could do a steel drum band for the ceremony then turn it over to the DJ but if there are any good Bands out there in KW i would love to hear about them! thank you

conn
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

James Wist 305-292-9611 or e-mail at jpw@keywestcalypso.com. Plays SOCA style steel drums. Plays regularly at the KW Double Tree. Chekc out his website.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

thank you much

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,816 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Google Duane (Bongo D) Scott for a steel drummer.

Pjk

4. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, January 23, 2013
North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

I got married in kw last October. We used din Allen. He played acoustic guitar. He was awasome! Also, I saw you had a post about a sunset cruise as well. We used sunset water sports party cat. If you have any other wedding questions feel free to pm me.

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

My sister used Chris Thomas on acoustic guitar at her wedding. He was great...great singer.

I think he is also in a full wedding band too down there. His website is www.christhomasmusic.net

Delaware
Level Contributor
187 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

We used steel pan player Courtney Henry from IrieBand for our ceremony and cocktail hour - he was great!

South Jersey
Level Contributor
3,140 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

I like Chris Thomas a lot even though he gave my wife and I a hard time for our request of Jersey Girl. I think he said something like "Here is a great Tom Waits song that Bruce Springsteen ruined. I hate playing it but these folks asked for it". Hey I never said it couldn't be the Tom Waits version!

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,413 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

Rusty Lemmon is one of my favorites.

http://www.rustylemmon.com/

Edited: 6:43 pm, July 24, 2013
PA
Level Contributor
39 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for that musical Key West vibe for my wedding!

We used Bongo D for our wedding and loved him! Great guy and everyone enjoyed it. He even let my dad play his steel drum after the wedding. Very reasonable price too!

Get answers to your questions about Key West