We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overseas Heritage Trail

Minot, ND
Level Contributor
247 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Overseas Heritage Trail

Will be staying at Southernmost Hotel and plan to run while I’m there. Was looking at a Google map and noticed that I can run from the hotel, jump on the Overseas Heritage Trail at Higgs Beach Park, stay on the trail past Smathers Beach, continue along the coast following the trail next to South Roosevelt Blvd, returning on Truman, white St. and back to the hotel. According to Google it’s about 8 miles, but wondering if anyone has biked, walked/run this rout?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overseas Heritage Trail

I've done a similar run but avoid going "inland." I start at the corner of Duval and Front going all the way to South Street. Then I make a left there, then a right on Reynolds for three blocks to the end where Higgs Beach begins. I run along Atlantic Ave to Bertha, make a right and then left and I am at the beginning of Smathers. I run along here until I'm across the street from the airport/West Martello tower where I turn around and come back.

Coming back I will usually make a few side trips along Seminole to get back to South Street.

It's a little more scenic and doing this it's between eight and eight and a half miles.. And there's a water fountain and a bathroom next to Salute, a restaurant on Higgs.

Pjs

2. Re: Overseas Heritage Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, January 06, 2014