We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf cart in key west

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zephyrhills, Florida
2 posts
Save Topic
golf cart in key west

Does anyone know if we could bring out own golf cart to key west.. we are good drivers but would like to take our time to see things and places without the expense they want for the electric cars... thanks who ever can answer me.. I do not walk that great long distance and do not want to miss seeing anything on the island..

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
14,691 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: golf cart in key west

If you have a golf car with a license tag etc you can use it on streets under 45mph.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,624 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: golf cart in key west

1) I would think that you could bring anything that you want to Key West. The legality of driving it is something that I think that I'd want to talk with the city about. Not an internet forum.

2) How can you be a bad driver? It's a golf cart. Not a Formula 1 race car.

3) There are tours, Trolley tour, Train Tour, City Tour, that can get you around.

4) I'd be more concerned with finding enough parking for everything, trailer, truck, golf cart when not using it.

3. Re: golf cart in key west

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Key West