We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf fishing

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Michigan
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
surf fishing

Hi,

We are coming down for Christmas and leaving right before NYE. We will be doing some charter fishing, but my boyfrend wants to know where if any are the best spots for surf fishing?

Bemidji, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
2,637 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surf fishing

Since there is a reef a few miles offshore, there is no surf. If he means wade fishing I have seen people doing that.

2. Re: surf fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, December 02, 2012
In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surf fishing

As mentioned above, not much of a surf, but I often see people fishing off the bridges throughout the Keys. Also have seen many anglers along Roosevelt Boulevard over by the airport, and some at Ft. Zachary State Park. Good luck!

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: surf fishing

When I've had drinks at Louie's Afterdeck, I've noticed people fishing from the city's right-of-way. Also, White Street Pier. Have a great time! :)

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,968 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: surf fishing

I've surf fished many summers off beaches in New Jersey and there's nothing comparable in Key West, but if you want to fish from the shore there's the White Street pier or off one of the two rock jetties at Smathers Beach. You can also try your luck off the Mallory Docks in the morning.

For something different, though, there is a kayak fishing trip.

Pjk

6. Re: surf fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 17, 2013