We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Erie
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We are planning a trip for January or February 2013 for 3 nights. It is just my husband and I and we have never been to Key West. We are looking for a nice, clean, quiet place to stay. There are so many places listed, we are hopeful we can get some ideas of where to stay or not to stay.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

What places have you looked at or are considering?

I have stayed in Duval House, Cypress House and the Angelina. They were all very different and had different things to offer.

What is your budget?

Erie
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We would like to stay below $200/night if at all possible. I haven't seriously looked anywhere other than just going on tripadvisor and looking at them based on their ranking.

I am not sure what things we are really looking for since we have never stayed in a B&B before.

Edgewater, Florida
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

We stayed at the curry mansion and loved it.a little more than 200 but you get a full breakfast and happy hour with the price of the room,and minutes from everything,we are going back in the spring with a group.

Williamsville, New...
Level Contributor
545 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Try looking at Merlin Guesthouse. We just stayed there in August. Clean, quiet, & close to most things.

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
589 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Duval House just had a deal on Livingsocial.com. Going in Dec. it was for under $200.

Altoona...
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

I've stayed at the Angelina Guesthouse the last two times I have been in town and its really nice. Plus, its very affordable.

Vineland, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Vineland
Level Contributor
484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Winter months are a bit more expensive everywhere than the rest of the year. There are some really nice B&B's in Key West. The Curry Mansion is excellent, steps away from Duval on Caroline St. The least expensive room is $240 at that time of year. The Cypress House is also excellent. It's a couple of blocks off Duval on Caroline St. $209 is the least expensive room, although if you have a car, you will have to pay for parking in the garage about 5 blocks away.

If you'd like a B&B a little farther away from the busiest part of Duval, and a bit quieter, the Angelina is excellent and more in line with under $200. This is on Angela St, not far from The Green Parrot and Truman Annex. The price range is $114 for a shared bath to $204 for a Queen Suite.

I've stayed at all 3 and liked each one. Once you narrow your choices down to 2 or 3, read the reviews here on TA. Everyone on the forum wants you to enjoy your stay and have the very best time you possibly can!

Erie
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

I would prefer to stay in a quieter area than wherever the nightlife is. Would that be Duval Street?

9. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:56 pm, March 26, 2013
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,455 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st Visit to Key West Looking for B&B suggestions

Jenni,

if you prefer quiet then you would want to be someplace off the main drag, which is Duval (and also, to some degree, Truman).

Budget will play a big part, as you're coming in the prime Winter months.

Also, in B&B's the top floors will be much more quiet. The old buildings don't have a lot of soundproofing, especially if you're near the stairs.