We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

2 posts
Save Topic
Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

Wife an I are thrilled to head down to our first FF this year and are going to jump in full force. I have been reading a lot of posts regarding costumes and nudity, etc. We picked out her costumes for Friday and Saturday ourselves and both contain see thru mesh that leaves little to imagination. Will we get static from the police as will they consider this nudity? Advice or thoughts from FF vets is appreciated.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,641 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

Not if you stay on the "Fantasy Fest Area".

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
606 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

Haha. I only had to read your headline to know the answer would be "no." There is not a lot of imagining going on at FF.

Las VEgas
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

I think you should email me some photos and I can get them checked out for you while I'm here :)

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
10,371 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

Please see the attached for guidelines. A few years ago people were running around Old Town nude and a couple was arrested for having sex in the street. This resulted in many locals (families do live in Old Town) complaining and asking that rules be enforced. We will see how this year goes, but you should have something covering your "bits" if you have a see through costume.

www.fantasyfest.com/code-of-conduct.cfm

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,337 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

How far down does the mesh "cover?"

Pjk

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
623 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

I'm sure your costume covers more then most peoples costumes...that being said , just have some sort of

" cover up" to wear from your B&B or hotel to the party zone. Then if the police feel its too risque , you will have something to put on.

This will be my second FF...your going to have fun !

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,656 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

I immediately thought "NO!" when I saw the title of this thread, because many people are past the "risque" costume and into almost full nudity. Painted or not...

just Google "Fantasy Fest" and look at the videos and photos.

Just be aware that there are many photographers and videographers in the FF zone.

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,597 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

There's no delete button on the internet. Just saying.

Keep it in the zone as others have suggested.

Deception Island
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

As mentioned above.

Ask yourself if you are you going to be upset if pictures of her in this outfit get posted on the internet???

If so you may want to reconsider. If not then party on but be sure to cover appropriately when walking in the areas outside of the party zone.

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasy Fest- Is my costume too risqué

Thanks for the feedback so far. My costume will be pretty incriminating as well so we are in it together...lol....b&b is right on Duvall so no worries about walking outside the zone. Went ahead and bought some masquerade masks just to be safe....she is a hottie so I am sure she will be a target for the camera!!!

Get answers to your questions about Key West