We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Key West

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Easter in Key West

I am thinking of visiting Key West in March/ April/ May 2013 time.

Travelling from the UK and I've been told to avoid Spring break but not sure when this is - can anyone advise when we shoudl avoid and when is the best time within March, April May is the best time to see the Keys

we would like a 2 bedroom villa with private pool, any recommendations for agencies or private lets? Many thanks inadvance

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
key west
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Key West

The busiest times are early in March with the college students arrival and later in the month when the younger kids get their spring break and the town fills with families. I think for less crowds and milder weather, April and May are much better.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Key West

Hi Dotty,

We've been visiting Key West at Easter time for over 20 years, and while it's been busy, it isn't too busy not to enjoy yourself. For the past few years we have had extended stays, well beyond Easter, and as mentioned, the crowds do drop off after that time. Easter 2013 falls at the end of March, so I would suggest looking soon to book a home, especially with a private pool.

I hope this helps, and have a pleasant time.

Edited: 11:01 am, October 02, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter in Key West

April and May are 2 great months weather wise in Key West. Spring breaks are uasualy done a little after the begining of April.

For less crowds and great weather go the second half of April or the month of May.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,211 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter in Key West

I've been going in May for years now and can't recall ever hitting enough rain or bad weather to spoil even a day.

Pjk

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easter in Key West

We love April in the Keys as the weather is beautiful at that time of year. Prices are still high because of Easter. I think if you wait till May you will still have great weather and prices will be starting to drop.

6. Re: Easter in Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 14, 2013