We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for a family visit please

Ireland
7 posts
Save Topic
Advice for a family visit please

Arriving in Key West on Tuesday early p.m. Departing on Wednesday early p.m. Grandparents (active) wife and I, two kids 14 & 11. Any suggestions for the time available. We are staying near Duval at the Mallory Square end. What should we do? Mallory Square I presume, walk Duval? Any good spots for Family to eat at.Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Mallory Square
Mallory Square
11,978 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,083 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for a family visit please

For one dinner in Key West within easy walking distance, try Pepes 8606 Caroline Street and if it is not crowded eat in the garden. (Note the lighting fixtures). If it is crowded you can leave your name but otherwise follow Caroline to the Key West Bight and walk along all the bars there and see which one you like. You really can't go wrong with any of them, but I like the Half-Shell Raw BAr, Turtle Kraals, or the Conch Republic Seafood Co. If you miss the sunset, no big deal. You can always walk over to the Mallory Docks after dinner.

Wed, A.M., breakfast at Blue Heaven on Petronia & Thomas.

And if it were me I would get onto the water. There is the Discovery Glass Bottom Boat, but even if no-one snorkels, you can go out on a trip which sails to the reef, moors for an hour or so, then sails back. IMO it's worth it. Otherwise, there are a number of museums and the Art & historical Society.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Half Shell Raw Bar
Half Shell Raw Bar
2,188 Reviews
Key West, FL
Blue Heaven
Blue Heaven
12,094 Reviews
Key West, FL