We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymooners hotel???

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
6 posts
Save Topic
Honeymooners hotel???

Hi there. My darling fiance and I will be popping into Key West for a couple of nights during our honeymoon. Anywho, we just cannot decide where to stay. Last time we stayed in KW it was at the Holiday Inn (erk), and this time since it is part of our honeymoon we would like to stay someplace a little more special. But, prior to KW we will be in St. Lucia for 10 nights, so it can't cost a zillion dollars. Oh yeah, I read tons of reviews, but just can't decide....hrmph!

Framingham...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

St. Lucia? Please tell me it's not at Sandals Grande St. Lucian?? We had our honeymoon there and it was well below 5 star.

My wife wanted to fly to key west after one day!!

As for Hotel recs. I would say don't bother and find a B&B. There are tons a nice ones. You don't want your beautiful bride to have to stay in a hotel do you??

Tryn ambrosia, southermost, or pierhouse. Those are a few nice places.

Good Luck!!

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

No, we're most definately not staying at a Sandals resort. It's not our cup of tea. We will be splitting our time in St. Lucia between TiKaye and Ladera. Also, I didn't mean a "hotel," rather someplace to stay. We looked into Ambrosia but they were already booked.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,192 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

This place is almost always booked but you might want to give it a shot...

http://www.southernmosthouse.com/

It's probably a little more than you wanted but people who have stayed there say it is very nice and for a few nights what the heck.

Pjk

Benton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

What about the La Mer & Dewey House? Got to www.deweyhouse.com and at least check it out. It gets good reviews! I will be staying there the end of the month, so I have no personal opinion yet, but it looks gorgeous and gets good reviews!

New York
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

Thanks all for you great ideas!!

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
813 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

OT: Oh no - we were thinking of going to a Sandals St. Lucia for our honeymoon the week of Thanksgiving. We don't want 5-star (wanted to stay in the one in the middle of three - I forget the name of that one specifically). We're more laid back and don't require 5-star, in fact prefer that it's not because we don't want to dress up at all if possible (we live in Key West, why go somewhere and have to dress up?? EW!!). Now you're making me scared...

Framingham...
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

SMKennedy-

If its the Halcyon then i'd try to get your money back while you still can. As we drove by it on the way to the Grande my wife said, "oh my god what a dump, i'm glad we switched to the Grande"

Its the oldest sandals in that area. We stayed at the Grande which was supposed to be the newest and most luxurious. For $3000 my wife and I could've had two weeks in the Keys. Check out the reviews before its too late!!

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
107 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

You might try the Mango Tree Inn. We are getting married there next April and I cannot say enough great things about the owner Peggy. She has been so helpful and their website mango-treeinn.com is very helpful. The reviews here also seem very good!

Good Luck!

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

Dewey House, or La Mar. Really romantic, clean, nice place to stay. Rates range from $250-$400 depending on when you stay.

Tallahassee, Florida
Level Contributor
3,506 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymooners hotel???

I don't know much about this, however when I was looking into it for us in august... I seriously looked at the garden's hotel. Its seems very beautiful and romantic and gets amazing reviews. I do not know if it is full.

When are you going?