We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bobby's Monkey Bar

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
69 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Bobby's Monkey Bar

This is 1/2 block from where we're staying on Simonton. I've not seen it mentioned at all here, and wanted to get some thoughts from people who have been there. Thanks!

Maywood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

i saw it in another post ( I believe somewhere in the post about 1st tme impressions before and after) It was just mentioned by name, no real information. I was wondering too. Found a website when I googled it but couldn't find much other nformation.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

It's your local neighbourhood gay bar! (I think that is the tagline!)

It's a fun spot, laid back - karaoke certain nights of the week and there is a pool table.

Very smokey tho :-(

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,421 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

Bobby's is in the famous (i.e.forgotten) Off The Beaten Track insider page...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34345-c107649/Key-We…

Pjk

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

My husband and I stay 2 blocks away on Olivia and stop there on our way back to the house late at night. Have been there for karioke and just quiet nights. Have felt very comfortable there. Same barmaid the past two years we went. We're going down the end of May and will be stopping by again. As they say, just a neighborhood bar with happens to have a larger gay than straight clientel. It doenst matter to us. Just a nice little place to have a drink and fun conversation. If you like pool, theres a table there.

Chester County, PA
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

Fun, local bar, primarily gay. We like stopping by for one or two as we're walking. Always a good time. Unless something has changed recently, it's cash only - no CCs.

Meriden, CT
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

We are karaoke junkies, and came for the karaoke Sunday and Monday night with DJ Jeff. Great selection of songs.. has stuff that is not in his book. Sticks to a rotation..everyone gets to sing equally. Very friendly crowd...doesn't matter if you are gay or straight - everyone is welcomed. It's not a fancy tourist bar... just a little neighborhood joint. We will be back for the karaoke on our next trip!

mohrsville
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

I was in Bobby' s for the first time this July and it was very cool. When we stopped by it was alot of local folks having a good time. We had a great time and they have the coldest beer!!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

I'll be going back!!!

9. Re: Bobby's Monkey Bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Key West