We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Popular House

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
295 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
The Popular House

Has anyone stayed in the blue room of the Popular House? It is a queen size on the second floor.

I am just wondering what people thought of it. We have the room booked for a wedding in June, and I am curious to what people thought of the room.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Popular House

We haven't, but we'll be staying in the Bates Room on the first floor in October. I asked about that room a couple weeks back, but haven't gotten any responses yet. It will be our first visit to this b&b.

I'm trying to book a condo in KW for a week at the the end of May. While we're there, I may pop in to meet Lyz and take a peek at The Popular House. It's in a great location.

Dallas
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Popular House

Haven't actually stayed in it, but I've peeked in at it and thought it was lovely. There isn't a bad room in that house. (And if you don't like your room, there are so many really nice common areas to relax in.)I'm not sure if that room is a shared bath or not, but one thing I noticed is that there are two bathrooms on the second floor, and I never saw anyone waiting - never saw both of them in use at any one time even. The same was true for the common areas - even though the house was full when we were there, there was never anyone else already in the hammock, garden, or hot tub when we wanted to relax in them.

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
518 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Popular House

I stayed at the Popular House a number of years back. I thought it was a fabulous B&B. The same lady has owned it for years...

Florida
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: The Popular House

My paerents stayed in the Bates room at the beginning of this month. I saw the room, and it was quite large, and looked very comfortable. The bathroom was a little small, but it wouldn't have bothered me at all. The breakfasts were very good they said. Liz and Carol that work there are so nice too. My parents will definately be back, and stay there if they can!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,163 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Popular House

Thanks for all the info! We did book a condo in KW for a week next month, so we'll at least go take a quick "preview" look at the KW B&B. I'm sure we'll love it there; it sounds wondeful. The location can't be beat.