We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

Boston
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

which would you recommend of these? Price is not a big difference unless you get oceanfront room / suite.

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

I've stayed at the Ocean Breeze Inn before and it was nice. I have not stayed at the other ones but I think I would actually pick Southernmost on the Beach. They have a pretty big pool in KW standards and it's just steps to the small beach at Duval Beach Club. Both the La Mer and Dewey houses are very nice but I not sure you would have use of the pool or not.

minneapolis
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

Folks stayed at Dewey last year and LOVED it. They will not stay anywhere else. We visited them (it's ON the beach) and their room was nicer then anything I've ever stayed at. Sheets were high thread count, they have breakfast and tea time, and there's a bar/restaurant on the beach 20 feet away. Trust me, if I had the funds, that's where I'd stay. Dewey owns LaMar House, so I can only assume it's just as nice.

Benton, Arkansas
Level Contributor
617 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

Dewey and La Mer are both owned by Southernmost Resorts, which has Southernmost on the Beach. If you stay at La Mer or Dewey you have pool access at the large pool at the Southernmost on the Beach. La Mer and Dewey are both adult only locations if that factors in to your decision at all

The Netherlands...
Level Contributor
33 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

I highly reccomend Lam Mer & Dewey House.

The rooms are very nice and clean, with a beautiful bathroom. Every day there was a fresh flower in the room. The staff is great and friendly. Breakfast, which is included, is served every morning with lots of different kinds of croissants and other pastries, fresh fruit and fresh juices. In the afternoon they serve a snack, like cheese, fresh fruit, pastries, vegetables, ice tea and a lot more. Every room has a porch or patio with some chairs. If you like a bed & breakfast with good service and friendly people, this is the place for you!

On the beach you'll find The Duval Beach Club. You can order your drink while you're sitting on your beach chair - they will bring it to you.

When we got home, we received a postcard from the staff of La Mer just to thank us for staying there during our holiday!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
343 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Breeze / Southernmost on the beach, La Mer / Dewey?

We stayed at Southernmost on the Beach once and it was REALLY nice. The rooms were really pretty and had just been renovated (this was a couple years ago). The pool is wonderful and very large. The beach there is okay - nothing spectacular - but Southernmost on the Beach does have a long pier that shoots right out into the water with steps going down. We actually saw a manatee off that pier once. What an exciting thing to see!

From what we could see, La Mer and Dewey House also looked really nice.

Get answers to your questions about Key West