We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

Toledo, Ohio
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

I am looking to rent in the Keys but my travel dates are rapidly approaching and I haven't booked a rental yet. I received a quote for a place in key west but I am not sure about the company offering the property. Has anyone dealt with travelfurnish.com? I just want to get burned on my first vacation to the keys.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
91. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

what has keywestkey got to do with travelfurnish.com? Off topic probably...

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,152 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
92. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

The initial poster here had received a quote for a rental in Key West from Travel Furnish- I think it became a general complaint forum after that , but it did start as Key West related...it would seem pretty obvious that the scam artists invollved will offer just about anything to get a payment from you- what they actually deliver in any town is surely not very good. They are also mentioned in scams in Miami and New York and who knows where else.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
6 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
93. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

travelfurnish.com operates both in Key West and NYC under the same name and with the same contact nrs. . The mobile number we got for the NYC appartment is exactly the same as the number mentioned on their Key West website.

If you call the NYC number you will hear exactly the same message as when you dial the Florida number.

According to the message travelfurnish is always busy 'helping some customer and they will do anything in their power to return your call asap ' but fact is that nobody EVER returns your calls. And nobody EVER picks up the phone either.

The only contact we've had sofar was with a guy called Dov, who works also under other names and is only operational via e-mail that comes from various addresses.

Travelfurnish.com has no office with a street address, no real phone number, just some shady e-mail business.

travelfurnish.com is a scam, no matter if they operate from NYC or Florida/Key West

Vancouver, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
94. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

This company is fraudulent and currently scamming several guests weekly. They operate several sites that are scams - their list of sites are as follows - http://www.byownerstay.com http://www.tripolot.com http://www.safety-book.com http://www.safe-vrbo.com http://www.tripolocity.com - all sites are scams - current police investigation being conducted by the miami police department on them also. Stay away from these sites they are trouble. Also know to be creating listings on other websites like vacationrentals.com too. They either bait and switch customers into lower quality rentals OR they just cancel on the guests right before arrival and blame it on property owners. Not a legitimate business whatsoever. Thanks for posting

95. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:17 pm, April 25, 2013
Toronto, Ontario...
5 posts
Save Reply
96. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

I had a similar experience like the other poor suckers on this thread. My boyfriend and I booked a trip with Travelfurnish.com for our trip to Miami this March for Ultra. We had booked our condo BACK IN SEPTEMBER and wired them 450 dollars for 50% of the cost. A couple days before our trip, of course, the property was no longer available. After I threatened legal action, they said they would wire me back my initial deposit money minus 80 dollars (bull).

I'm STILL waiting for that refund! IT'S MAY! These people have been sitting on my hard earned cash for 8 months. Apparently my bank rejected the wire even though when I called and asked my bank they said there was nothing ever sent in the first place. They also gave me some baloney Miami bank number to call and ask what happened on their end. I just got put on hold a bunch and told I'd be called back and never was. This "Dave Daletrust" character from Travel Furnish/ By Owner Stay then said he would send me a cheque. 18 business days later. Nothing. Apparently he's sending me another cheque with tracking WHICH I TOLD HIM TO DO IN THE FIRST PLACE (it literally costs a few dollars to get a letter tracked). Ugh. These people are scum.

DO NOT book with any of the sites previously mentioned on this thread that relate to these crooks! I know for sure they operate under www.byownerstay.com THIS IS A SCAM. THESE PEOPLE ARE TOTAL LIFE FAILS AND POCKET MONEY BY RUINING PEOPLE'S VACATIONS. Ugh! Karma will come back to bite them hard. Rest assured.

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
97. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

STAY AWAY FROM THESE WEBSITES AS THEY ARE ALL SCAMS:-(!

byownerstay.com

safevrbo.com

insured-booking.com

travelfurnish.com

sublet.com

safteybooking.com

They just take your money and either tell you a week prior your place is not available or just never show up to the property to turn over the keys. You can see some posts here

tripadvisor.co.uk/…49553180

Below is my personal experience and we are still battling with the company but unfortunately now they disconnected their phone number and the website is gone, atleast safevrbo.com. We currently are trying some of the other website numbers.

I booked a penthouse condo unit for the week of the 4th of July through safevrbo.com. Kevin and Samantha were the booking agents - supposedly!!!!!! :-(

Something has not set well with me since I made the deposit. I received little confirmation and no official unit# nor other documentation. I have called SafeVRBO and spoken with Kevin and Samantha several times and they reassured me. I did receive an email confirmation which was very vague.

A few days after my check was cashed my bank called stating there has been suspicious activity and my bank account number needed to be changed. It was only my number and not my husbands. I believe that could have been for the $75 booking fee in which I used my bank card. I sent a check for the deposit of $1400.00.

I have been researching trying to find more information about SafeVRBO and was coming up short until a few days ago. I tried their address given in emails, the name "By Owner Direct", etc. I finally found them on YELP and associated with several other companies: Insured-booking.com; byownerstay; travelfurnish; saftey-booking; sublet.com; Byownerstay.com; and I am sure there are probably others, all to which seem to be scam companies. When I pulled up the websites for the other companies they either had the same background as Safevrbo or the website was deleted.

I have called them a several times and either no one answers, I am hung up on once they hear I booked with them, or I am put on hold and left on hold. My husband did get ahold of them three times and they told me my refund was coming, uhhh I am still waiting!!

I hope you can help me or at least guide me in the direction I need to proceed in getting my deposit back. Please let me know if there is an ongoing investigation etc. We filed with BBB and they are unable to get ahold of them as well. I have posted several places in hopes of them getting caught but I have not had a whole lot of luck:-(!

Thank you!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,487 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
98. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

Stop payment on the check? Have the local authorities of where you sent the check to stop by?

New York
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
99. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

they only got you for the deposit the got me for the full amount I booked a vacation for a week the total was around $4000 and I booked a boat too I lost $800 deposit on that. THEY ARE BAD PEOPLE AND I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY ARE NOT IN JAIL???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bradenton, Florida
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
100. Re: Is TravelFurnish.com a reputable agency?

To late to stop payment. I emailed an officer someone recommended but never heard back. BBB has not been able to contact them either:-(! I have a friend who is a blogger and she is going to blast them! Difficult thing is they are apparently taking the vacation rentals from VRBO.

Get answers to your questions about Key West