We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

key lime pie

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
key lime pie

Well our trip is pretty planned out, dinner at cafe sole and hot tin roof for our daughter's 16th bd. Must ask, her very favorite dessert is key lime pie. Who has the best in key west?Also we just love wings being close to the "wingbowl city". any suggestions on the best hot wings?Thanks.4more weeks. Can't wait.Love to hit that Karaoke at two friends. we had a blast there last august.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: key lime pie

Gad zukes! We just did best key lime pie! The Blond Giraffe and Kermit's Key West Lime Shoppe are neck and neck. (I'm a Kermitier myself, but I do recognize that in matters of taste there is no right or wrong). Wings are also easy: Pjk has written time and again about Kelly's wings. He is, in fact the high priest of Kelly's happy hour!

pa
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: key lime pie

sorry davy just too lazy to go thru all of this info!!!! Got it, kermits and kelly's. we can now close this topic. Thanks

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: key lime pie

No problem. I realize there's a lot of stuff on here, even without my lame attempts at humor. But answer me this: where (or what) is the "wingbowl city"?

pa
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: key lime pie

Philadelphia has a huge wing bowl the night prior to the superbowl; the person who eats the most wings wins. can't believe you've never heard of it !

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: key lime pie

Try the Key lime pie on a stick at Kermit's. (Other places do it, but I think Kermit's the cheapest — and it's good!)

West Lafayette...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: key lime pie

Had the Key Lime pie at Cafe Sole in early February - it was absolutely fabulous! A wonderful ending to a great meal (the Hog Snapper is delicious!)

south dennis N.J
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: key lime pie

i have to second kellys wings..

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
109 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: key lime pie

I had the opportunity to try both Kermit's and the Blond Giraffe in late February 2006. My vote is Kermit's all the way. Not only is his pie the best, but his patio, his friendliness, his array of other key lime products, puts him on another level. He's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
925 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: key lime pie

I liked the Blond Giraffe for pie!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
222 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: key lime pie

A year ago we had Blonde Giraffe Key Lime Pie. Last week we had Kermits. I have to say Kermits. It's a little less heavy, a little less tart, and it has graham cracker crust at Kermits, over the traditional pie crust at Blonde Giraffe.

Kelly's for Wings WITHOUT A DOUBT.

Oh my goodness. I DO NOT eat wings. They gross me out. But we were at Kelly's for Happy Hour and I saw the wings go by. I love the wing sauce flavor, love boneless wings, or even buffalo shrimp.

My husband is a wing eater and he was dying for some. Well, I am PROUD to say I had my first WING ever, at Kelly's. And...I lived to tell about it. I've never seen wings that look like those. What kind of chickens to THOSE come from?

IMPRESSIVE!!