We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What clothes to pack?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany NY
3 posts
1 review
What clothes to pack?

We're going to Key West in mid April. I'm wondering what clothes to pack. Does it get chilly there at night? Should I bring some pants and sweaters in addition to shorts and tank tops? Thanks in advance.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,565 posts
22 reviews
1. Re: What clothes to pack?

Coming from Albany, you most likely won't need too many warm clothes.

I'm from MN, and I seem to bring too many warm clothes. I'm getting better but . . .

That being said, I would bring a sweat shirt, or plan to buy one down there. I don't think there will be a big need for long pants. If it gets chilly, a sweatshirt and shorts will suffice.

Cold down there is 60 degrees, cold to you and me is 10 below.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
2. Re: What clothes to pack?

In April, the average highs are in the low eighties and average lows are low seventies. Regardless of the time of year, I always take a light sweater because the breeze off the water can be cool.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
72 reviews
3. Re: What clothes to pack?

I hear that it was 49 degrees the other night in KW. I don't think you'll have that kind of temperature, but I'd pack some long pants and be ready to buy a sweatshirt. I'll be down in March, and I'll be ready for a cold snap. (That's the best way to prevent it, prepare for it and it will disappoint you).