We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hotlanta
7 posts
Save Topic
Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Thanks alot Davy. Got the last room at the Harbor for sept. 16 -20. I guess that's poker run, will this be a huge problem? 50,000 bikes someone said...is it impossible to move or what.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Hope you like the Harbor Inn. We liked it, spending many hours around the pool and out and about. It's one of the most convenient places for the waterfront. Take advantage of the excursion boats and one of the town's best bars, the Schooner Wharf. Both are just around the corner to the right. Have a freshly rolled cigar and a Key West Sunset Ale and think positive thoughts about Old Davy (and his wife, Mrs. Old Davy).

Can't say anything about the poker run because I've never been. There always are a lot of bikes in KW. Many of them hang out at the Hogsbreath and the Green Parot (one of America's best bars). No matter how many people they pack into town, I think you'll still be able to hack your way through the crowd on foot. I have been to KW several times when there's been so many folks that they've had to close Duval to cars. They generally do not enforce an open container law in KW, so many of the bars just spill out into the streets anyway, just more so when it's a big event. Staying at the Harbor Inn you're not going to need a car anyway. When we stayed there, we just cabbed in from the airport, didn't bother to rent anything and never missed not having wheels.

Y'all have a good old time.

Hotlanta
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Gammy, two things.

1) How much for the cabbie? Do they try and rip ya like Vegas.

And B) Where in NY Im not in ATL just teasing another poster. We're in Niskayuna (upstate, Albany area).

Ever done that pub (Duval) crawl/ scavvy hunt?

Duval is closed that weekend.

GO EAGLES!!!!!!

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Gammy? Here I've given you the benefit of my experience and you call me Gammy?

Don't remember what the cab cost. Under twenty, Mrs. Gammy thinks. Didn't feel like a rip off, the cabs are metered and I knew the way to/from the airport so I know the drivers took direct routes. It's a small island. If no one post before the end of March, I'll let you know when I get back from my own well deserved vacation in the Conch Republic.

Have failed to complete the pub crawl on many occasions. I've also cheated, begining it at inappropriate bars, and skipping bars and staying way too long in other bars. I'm so ashamed. One day I'll complete it and no longer be the blacksheep of the pubcrawlin' family. Don't know anything about skavy hunts. I've hunted for skivies, but that's another story.

Mrs. Davy and I are down here on Long Island (a/k/a Lawn Guyland), cheek by jowl to NYC.

Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
372 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Check out keywestcab.com for detailed pricing info on the cabs.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Davy Gam !!!! Poker Run!!!

Great site. Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Key West