We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reasonably priced fun girls outing

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
9 posts
Save Topic
reasonably priced fun girls outing

my book club is going to key west in march and are unfamiliar-where should we stay we love to have fun and are leaving husbands and children at home -any suggestions-budget is a concern-we need the most bang for the buck

missouri
9 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

thanks for the honesty- it is truely appreciated. we will get in enough trouble on our own -haha

we decided on Eaton Villa Grande-sounds wonderful - thanks to you all for helping to guide us. look out -here we come!

ps. I hope you get no back lash

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,984 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

If you ever fly into Key West on a special day there will be several local people who give out little baskets of things and beads. I still have some green ones from St Patrick's Day.

The man who gives these out is James Chapman. His house is on the corner of Petronia and (where else) Chapman Lane, just past the Bahama Village. Mr. Chapman was a frind of "Shine" Forbes who lived in Key West, a boxer who Sparred with Hemingway...

www.shortstorycompetition.com/Shine.html

Mr. Chapman will invite you to sit on his porch and have a drink and even to come into his house and see his memorabilia and introduce you to his mom. A very nice man.

Pjk

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
8 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

Thanks susan! I am glad you posted that because when my husband and I were there this New Year's, we had no idea about it. It's only after walking those particular streets that I felt uneasy...it's funny how nobody really voices it.

Rockford, Minnesota
Level Contributor
76 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

I would have to agree with Susancs. My First time to Key West a few years back, I was looking for a free place to park near old town and ended up parking in Bahama Village. When I returned to my van a few hours later my tires had been slashed with a knife. I have never been back in Bahama Village since

charlotte
6 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

I have stayed at the Key West Hideaways several times. They have several small houses within a gated complex on South Street; 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, etc. Very clean. Has private pool, jacuzzi and out side grill. Love this place! 1.5 blocks from Duval.

missouri
9 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: reasonably priced fun girls outing

A friend of mine was in Key west in November. She stayed on a boat, but she came home covered in thousands of red little bites- that itched.Do you know what they were? Can you tell us how to prevent them. They were not mosquitos or chiggers. thanks