We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

Connecticut
5 posts
Save Topic
Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

I am going to be traveling to KW with my sister and a friend and am considering Hyatt Sunset Harbour. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it close to Duval Street? Last time I went to KW I stayed at the Ocean Key Resort which was unbelieveable but the prices for the dates I am looking at are way too expensive.

Thanks!

Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

Hi,

I was an employee of Hyatt for quite a few years and have stayed at both the Sunset Harbor and the Hyatt Resort on Front St. I stayed in the condos last summer and found only a few negative points. First and foremost the rooms were a little run-down: mostly cosmetic infractions but there were a few small cleanliness issues as well. Both the Hyatt Hotel and the Sunset Harbor are not up to the par Hyatt sets for their resort locations though. Once you get past that Hyatt par level though, you're ok . . . the location is great as it's very close to the north end of Duval (2-3 blocks, I believe), if you can get a decent price on the two-bedroom condo unit it will more than pay for itself (always compare Hyatt.com to other websites as they have a great best-rate guarantee), the staff at all the Hyatt locations are fantastic (i'm just a little biased), and you'll get a pass for the resort property amenities (I enjoyed breakfast and lunch in the resort restaurant as well as sunbathing by the gulf on the resort's combination deck/boat dock).

All in all, I'd definitely recommend it.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

If you bid on Priceline for a Key West resort, for the dates you need, you will likely get the Hyatt Resort on Front St. I did this for 1/8 & 1/9, we got it for $99 / night on a weekend! We had a wonderful stay in a lovely room with pool & ocean view. The location is perfect also, right between mallory square, duval and the waterfront restaurant area. You do not need a car. I strongly recommend priceline for this hotel as the deal is unbeatable in key west and they commonly have rooms on PL. BTW, if you are not familiar, priceline works the same as sites like expedia & travelocity; IE you pay immediately and your room is guaranteed.

Check out: www.biddingfortravel.com for more information.

Los Angeles
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

I can't tell my your message if you already traveled. If you have where did you stay or where are you planning on staying? The Hyatt Sunset seem reasonable. We are planning on going in July. Thanks.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
694 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

I want to know too! I booked the Hyatt Sunset today for June 24th. A 1 BR suite for 4 people $205. Another couple we are going with are getting a reg room (king bed) for $110. That's a pretty good price for the location and I compared it to a lot of guesthouses and B&B's w/ less amenties that either cost the same or more, and were in not that great locations.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone know anything about the Hyatt Sunset Harbour?

Just got back Wednesday from a 2 bedroom condo at the Sunset Harbour. Evidently they have renovated since the previous posters visit, as our room was spotless and everything looked new, carpet, bedding, furniture was all perfect! The colors were beautiful, very tranquil! Check out a previous post I responded to regarding our stay. You cannot beat the location! We are already trying to book for next year!

Get answers to your questions about Key West