We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waterloo, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

Has anyone stayed in these recently? Going to be there in March and I just wanted some general info on them. We have obviously never stayed in one. Thanks!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
300 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

They are very nice and you cannot beat the price. The disadvantage is that you must either take a taxi or long walk to Old Towne but the amount saved on lodging more than covers those fees.

Waterloo, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

Thanks for the info. Are the three bedrooms all the same size or is there a master bedroom?

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
300 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

They are all basically the same size. Think military housing turned into a townhouse. You have three bedrooms and a bath upstairs and the kitchen, dining and living room with a half bath downstarirs. They are our choice of lodging unless there is something like Fantasy Fest where we want to be near Old Town.

Calmar, Iowa
Level Contributor
224 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

Please ignore my ignorance, but is Trumbo Point available to the general public to rent? If so, where can one find more info on this? Seems like many gated areas around there, Is this all Naval housing? Is there more info on the housing etc for NAS ? Any ability to ''tour'' these other islands? Many questions I know, but have always been a bit intrigued by the gated community areas. Any related info or links would be great!

Frozen North
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

MWR housing is for active and retired military. In Key West they also allow retired or active DOD civilians.

Waterloo, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

"Please ignore my ignorance, but is Trumbo Point available to the general public to rent? If so, where can one find more info on this? Seems like many gated areas around there, Is this all Naval housing? Is there more info on the housing etc for NAS ? Any ability to ''tour'' these other islands? Many questions I know, but have always been a bit intrigued by the gated community areas. Any related info or links would be great!"

All I know is that I am active duty mlitary and I can rent a 3 bedroom townhouse for $100!!!! I am taking people with me that are not military, but they must have a pass to get on and off the "gated" area. So if you are not military, but know of someone who is , make sure you take them with you. I can rent out the townhouse up to six months in advance. Retired active duty and DOD civilians can also rent the townhomes. Not much info on-line about it though. The phone # for MWR in Key West is 305-293-5000/5001. I am sure they could answer all your questions.

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

I've seen the trailers and housing at Trumbo point and Boca Chica. They are quite nice if a bit basic (think BOQ) but you definitely can't beat the price.

They are only available to active duty and retired military, and it is a great benefit to those who have served our country. A friend of mine stayed at Trumbo Point recently and liked the accommodations.

Waterloo, WI
Level Contributor
153 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

bump

dayton, oh
Level Contributor
208 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

have stayed at TP tiwce and enjoyed. Allthe bedrooms are the same. The bathrooms need updated, but OK. Very clean, kitchen had adequate supplies for a simple meal. Small exchange within walking distance for odds and ends and alcohol. We loved the screen porch for morning coffee. Price cannot be beat. Did not use the pool, it was nearby also. Did have a car, which we drove part way into town and parked. Also did shopping at the comissary and exchange so a car was necessary to do that. Enjoy

Meridian...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Navy MWR Condos at Trumbo Point

Did anyone stay at the trailers at Trumbo point? If so what are they like? We are going down next week.