We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West - President's Day Weekend

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte
12 posts
Save Topic
Key West - President's Day Weekend

My wife and I (mid 30's) coming into Key West for presidents day week in February for 3 nights - staying in the Hyatt on an award reservation trip - since it's a quick long/weekend typf trip any must do's? Not really into tours and all that stuff - just some fun activities. I'm sure you guys have all the answers (like aways!)

thanks!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

This is the Keys Newsletter for January, but it flops over into February...

http://www.fla-keys.com/newsletter/201001/

The February one should be available by the time you leave.

hth

Pjk

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

The water temperatures will be cool in February, so if you like snorkeling, a wet suit is recommended. What are you folks interested in? There is a lot to see and do, so if you let us know a little more about your interests, we can help. Which Hyatt are you staying at? There are 3, 2 of them are timeshares and one of those is a long way from the historic old town.

Charlotte
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

Staying in the Hyatt on Front Street (601 I believe)

I wouldn't mind doing some type of boating activity even if it doesn't entail getting wet with a wetsuit and such

Other than that we'll probably take a few long runs, a bike ride, and a few nice dinners. Nothing to crazy

Thanks

South Florida...
Level Contributor
10,820 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

This beautiful boat is docked at the Hyatt. Try a sunset cruise with them. Its very romantic.

http://www.floridays.org/

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

If you want nice views of the island, Sunset Key, etc., there are various day-sails. For example the Adirondak II

www.sail-keywest.com/…

Jolly II Rover

http://www.schoonerjollyrover.com/

Among others, and all within an easy walk from you.

Pjk

whinta
Level Contributor
174 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

I'll second Arnie's suggestion. We've always had good luck with Floridays. It's a lot more relaxing -- less crowded -- than the catamarans. It also has a part of the boat with a bimini top and comfortable seating, which some of the schooners seem to lack.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,962 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

If anyone goes out on the Floridays, there are two small (slightly uncomfortable) seats set into the stern rail, just two wooden seats. If you can, try to sit on these as the ship leaves her mooring. You will be sitting up a little higher than everyone else and you will get a great view as the ship makes a U-Turn and heads out.

You will see the Simonton beach first, then the beach at the Pier House (wave as I might be sitting there) then the small inlet where the glass-bottom boat moors, then the sunset pier at the Ocean Key, the Mallory Docks, and finally the beach at Fort Zach, all to port. To starbord is Sunset Key.

Pjk

Edited: 4:35 pm, January 11, 2010
8. Re: Key West - President's Day Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 11, 2010