We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
flights

Which airport is closest besides the Key Wst Airport?

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights

Miami International is the nearest major airport. It's about 160 miles from Key West. Theh drive down US 1 can be very nice, but it is slow going from Florida City on. Plan for a 3~5 hour drive depending on traffic. Key West airport has fairly good service but will be more expensive to fly to than MIA. Delta Connection and USAirways Express both have jet service. Contenintal Connection and American Eagle fly anything from 19 to 70 seat turboprops. I usually connect through Atlanta using Delta.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights

There is an airport in Marathon, but there is not much commercial traffic in and out.

The next closest is Miami, then Fort Lauderdale. Miami is about 20 miles closer than Fort Lauderdale, but when you take the Miami traffic, and the ease of car rental in the FLL airport, the time is just about the same from both spots.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights

Round trip out of St. Pete/Clearwater to Marathon runs @ $250. Yikes!!

Hockessin, De
Level Contributor
178 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights

Flights into FLL are often cheaper than flying into MIA. I prefer to fly into FLL. Alot less conjested and worth the extra 20 miles.

Rental cars can also be cheaper at FLL.

Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights

We fly into Ft Lauderlale and rent a vehicle. It's about a six hour drive.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,628 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights

6 hours - you must take the long way around.

I figure that from the time I land, until the time I walk in the door of our home in Marathon, It's been 3 hours. Key West is another hour from Marathon.

Get answers to your questions about Key West