We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

inexpensive hotel in KW

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
inexpensive hotel in KW

Hello! I am planning on visiting KW during my Spring Break in April (I am a teacher). My friend wants to stay at Days Inn, because it is the least expensive thing we can find ($110). We stayed there once before and I would rather not stay there again. I searched through old posts and checked out some rec. insexpensive places (Author's, Angelina Guesthouse, and Best Western Hibiscus), but they are all $155 or more. We would like something for like $130. a night. Is that even reasonable/possible?? Thanks!!

Special Offer
Key West Day Trip
400 Reviews
from $49.99*
$75.00
Key West Sunset Champagne and...
153 Reviews
from $63.00*
Key West Full-Day Power Adventure...
142 Reviews
from $145.00*
Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

In a word, no. Spring break is high season and April is top dollar. I doubt you can find anything in old town for under $150 a night at that time. The dumpy old motels (like the Days Inn) at the entrance often charge more than that in high season.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

You can try this site but I agree with what Simkieth said.

http://www.happydayskeywest.com/

Spring Hill, Florida
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

Thank you, I appreciate your response. I have been searching and searching, and I figured I would ask so I don't waste more time!

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

You also might want to consider one of the other Keys if Key West won't fit the budget.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
59 reviews
5. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

I know the Duval Inn has cheap, small rooms with a shared bathroom out in their bungalow. Great location, a small pool and parking.

They are listed at $129 so give them a call to see if they are available during whatever week you are going.

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,481 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

How about Southern Cross? I've run into people staying there, and they've said it's ok. Their cheapest rooms are listed at $115.00 on their website.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
7. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

Check The Blue Marlin Motel too. Will probably fit your needs.

West Palm Beach, FL
Level Contributor
237 posts
1 review
8. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

Near the Blue Marlin on Simonton is the Spindrift Hotel. We have stayed there for less than $100 a night in the summer. It's not the Hilton, but it has a bed, TV, shower, pool and website says 'no spring breakers.' Good luck!

http://www.keywestspindrift.com/

Philly
Level Contributor
517 posts
17 reviews
9. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

When we were in KW we saw an ad for Heartbreak Hotel on Duval that listed incredibly low low weekly rates.

We never did get by to eyeball the place, but maybe someone here can provide more info.

Newburyport...
Level Contributor
642 posts
13 reviews
10. Re: inexpensive hotel in KW

Angelinas Guest House can't be beat. My wife and I had "Full" for only $129 and would definately reccommend. sure its small and no phone or TV but we only went there to shower and sleep. we have cell phones. The breakfast is great as well as the pool and staff and location. keep searching past threads and you will see lots and lots of posters who have said the same about Angelinas Guest House.

Get answers to your questions about Key West