We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather???

Level Contributor
631 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Weather???

Looking to visit Key West for the first time.

Is April a pleasant month? Seems like May can start to get a bit rainy and warmer, and we're looking for comfortable weather in the upper 70's to low 80's. So, any thoughts on April?

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather???

You can get the April weather history for Key West for previous years by going to: www.wunderground.com

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,156 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather???

I used tp go every year in April, and the weather is not bad, not too hot but with a chance of light morning rain. But the water is cool in April. So cool that I gasp a little as I get into the ocean past my waist, and so cool that neither of my two friends go in at all. The water temps over the reef, where you might go snorkeling always seem warmer than around the island, though.

I've started going later in the year to enjoy the hotter air and water temps, and I really like Hemingway Days.

Pjk

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather???

The water really is still too chilly for long stays in it, and it's still likely to be windy enough to whip up the water and mess up viz. You're also coming at the tail end of season, so prices will be higher and crowds will be bigger.