We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Time of year for a wedding

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best Time of year for a wedding

What would be the best time of year to plan a Key West Wedding? It would be ideal to have it dry and warm. I am also interested in doing some snorkeling while there if there is a better time of year for that as well. Thanks for the help.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

I was married in Key West during the first part of Dec. The weather was and usually is fantastic. Mid 80's with low humdity, always a nice breeze and hurricane season is over!

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,338 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

Mid to late fall.

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

It really won't matter what time of the year you "plan" the wedding.

If you want to know the best time of the year to HAVE the wedding . . .

We too were married in KW. We were married in August. We chose that time of year as it was a slow time down there.

Every time of the year has its advantages and disadvantages. Winter it can be cool and windy, spring can be windy and there are more people, Summer is less windy, but hotter and its the rainy season, fall is probably the best time, but you still are in huricanne season.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,288 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

IMO the best time of year to be in Key West is May. The weather is slightly cooler and a little less humid, noticably less than in June - Aug. And it is less crowded. So any activity, a wedding, e.g., would be better then.

Pjk

Key West, FL
Level Contributor
65 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

I am partial to November here. It is very temperate, with no big cold fronts usually, and the water is still warm enough to snorkel without a wetsuit. It is technically still huricane season, but we very rarely have anything after October. And, the prices are not bad since it is still considered off season.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
86 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

I chose first week in June. Weather wasn't bad & rates were cheaper.

Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

I would have to say May, early June or early November if you want the best chance for warm water and warm weather. You have picked a beautiful place to have your wedding. Good Luck!!

Limey

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

I got married Oct 12 here. It is in hurr season (we locals don't really like to spell it out) but also rainy season, which makes for spectacular sunsets. Our reception was at the Hyatt, restaurant doors wide open, incredible cloudy orange sky as a backdrop. We could not have had a better photo op.

MINNEPOLIS
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

Thanks for the great advice. Would early May or Late May be best? When does the "rainy season" start if there is one?

key west
Level Contributor
6,101 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Time of year for a wedding

Don't let the term rainy season fool you, it just means an occasional very short shower. Clears the air, cools the ambient temp, it's actually very nice.