We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Key West!

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Key West!

My husband and I will be spending Thanksgiving in Key West (even though we just went last month!), and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on restaurants to eat at on Thanksgiving. Are all the restaurants open that night? Do they tend to get crowded like they do here?

We will also be staying at the Conch House Heritage Inn. Has anyone stayed here? We usually stay at the Ocean Key, but we couldn't afford it this time.

Thanks in advance!

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Key West!

tbc -

You'll love Thanksgiving in Key West, we've enjoyed it a couple of times. We're in the planning stages for another late November stay this year, so maybe we'll be table neighbors at some swank eatery there.

You'll find that many restaurants are open that night, but I don't remember them being real crowded. I would say pick the places you've liked the best, and inquire individually as to whether they'll be open and whether they're running any specific menu. Our experience with Charleston, SC last Thanksgiving was that some places offered a Thanksgiving special, in addition to their regular menu. Others will offer a fixed price set meal, like you'll see for Valentines Day at places everywhere.

The other decision you'll have to make is whether you want the traditional turkey and trimmings when there is something like crab stuffed grouper on the menu!

As for the Conch House - great location, nice looking grounds, and good reviews on tripadvisor. I've stayed at several places in that area, and loved the dead center of Old Town location. Given where you're staying, maybe inquire at Seven Fish or 915 on Duval, both are very close to the Conch House. I'd also be interested in what the Marquesa and Louie's Backyard are planning for that evening.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Key West!

Thanks so much for all of your advice. Maybe we'll see you there! Good luck planning, I found that quite a few places were almost full for that time already!

o fallon il
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Key West!

We have been going to Key West the last several Thanksgivings and always have dinner at the A&B Lobster House, and we have lobster. They do have a turkey special. It is not overly crowded but we do make reservations when we arrive in town. Sorry but I don't know a thing abut the Conch House.

Lockport, IL
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanksgiving in Key West!

We were talking about going to A&B that night because it's our favorite restaurant, so thanks for the suggestion! I think that's what we might do!

Chicago 'burbs
Level Contributor
57 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanksgiving in Key West!

we will be in Key west too over thankgiving. Planning on being in Miami from 19th to 23rd and in Key West till 25th.

Looking for a nice place in Key west with a kitchen room, preferrably on the beach. Travelling with my 2 year old son.

Thanks