We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

favorite restaurants in key west

texas
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Topic
favorite restaurants in key west

We own at the Galleon resort and have gone for about 10 years. One of our favorite restaurants is Mangia Mangia. Anybody have their favorites that are reasonably priced?

Any new places there? Going August 6 for hubby and son to Lobster dive.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

I don't know about new restaurants because I've never been to KW, but I know if you do a search under the forums about restaurants, there are lots of good previous posts - most of them pretty recent - that have been an excellent resource in planning my KW trip. Hope this helps! :)

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

My ladyfriend a I were down in KW last week, we really enjoyed Finigan's Wake, great food and a great variety of beer on tap. Only tried the wings and pizza, but both were excellent!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

El Meson de Pepe in Mallory Square is my favorite Key West restaurant. Excellent Cuban food, reasonable prices!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

My new favorite place, in addition to Blue Heaven, is Santiago's Bodega, just a block or two past Blue Heaven on Petronia. They serve about 3 dozen tapas, hot and cold, so you can order a pitcher of white Sangria and one tapa. Then, as you enjoy that, order another. Then another. Three different types make a good meal, but YMMV. I went twice last time just to try three more than the first night, and everyone I had was great. Their menu is on-line so you can browse before you go.

Pjk

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

915 was recommended to us in March by our innkeeper as a "new place." Coincidentally, it's located at 915 Duval. Ain't cheap, but as a tapas place you can keep cost down by what you order. Food was great. If you know what happens to the humble french fry when it's cooked correctly, you'll appreciate this place.

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

pjk - I've been meaning to mention this about Santiago's Bodega, but keep forgetting. When we were last in Key West my husband saw a "for sale" classified ad for a tapas restaurant that seats 51. I can't imagine that it'd be anything other than Santiago's Bodega. The times we've been there the place has been virtually empty, so I sure hope they'll manage to stay in business. We love it, too!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,560 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

Susan - I think it was when I got back from Key West in early June I suggested Santiago's and said that people should hurry and try it. Either it would catch on and you would not be able to get into the place or it would close because it is "off the beaten - Duval - track." But I don't think, even with the few outside tables, it would seat 50. The other place that advertises tapas is Lobos Mixed Grill, and this, too, has always been empty whenever I've stopped to look at it. Will all due respects to Lobos, I hope this is what you saw.

I'll find out next week.

Pjk

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

Tapas have belatedly become the IN thing in KW. I notice that it's like 50 percent of the advertised menus at the Food & Wine fest (end of July/beginning of August.)

Paradise
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

Hello - We were there over July 4th weekend...REALLY enjoyed Kellys for dinner, on the more pricier side..but delicious & you can't beat the ambience (has anyone noticed the 2 trees when you're walking to the outdoor dining patio - the trees that look like they are conneted? tried to get pics but guess you have to see em' in person..) We also had a great dinner at Roof Top cafe, right outside Mallory Square.

Virginia
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: favorite restaurants in key west

yep...we enjoyed the Roof Top cafe also...very good....not too keen on kelly's...but maybe it was an off day...

timbo