We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Key West

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, CT
3 posts
Save Topic
Getting Married in Key West

My fiance and I are planning on getting married in Key West in the beginning of October. Does anyone know of places outdoors for a small intimate ceremony...We wouldn't mind exchanging vows on a pier or something.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in Key West

The beach at Fort Zachary Taylor is supposed to be the prettiest beach location...

Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Getting married during a sunset festival would be really kewl,and you could have the crowd as your guest...

Pittsburgh, PA
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Southernmost hotel on the beach has an area on their small beach for wedding ceremonies. We were there in May and saw two. Very intimate with the ocean coming right up to the sandy beach area makes it ideal.

falls church va
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in Key West

My wife and I got married in Truman annex by the fountain.The tropical plants made beautiful wedding photos but that was during May and not sure how the plants are in Oct.Where ever you choose i'm sure you'll love it-after all you'll be in K.W.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married in Key West

The Gardens Hotel also looks like it has a lovely outdoor area and the staff is supposed to be extremely friendly there.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Many of the B&B gardens would fit the bill.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
427 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Ocean Key holds them on their deck and rope off part of the pier for receptions. Sunset is the backdrop, Pier House probably does something similar..

Weeki Wachee, Fl.
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Stayed at the Nassau House in the Honeymoon Suite and had the ceremony there at the lagoon pool area. It was the best and all done thru the wedding planner they recommended for us. Check them out. Oct. is Fantasy Fest so you will have to work around that as most places are booked now.

Chicago
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Married in Key West

I'm getting married in Key West on a cruise ship stop in Feb; I'm in the process of making arrangements to be at the Hyatt, as it looks like a nice little beachy venue, close to the cruise dock (easier for my sailing guests to get there).

I've not been thrilled with the slow, sometimes non-responsive quality of many vendors in Key West, but I'm hoping that as I get closer, they will become more responsive.

As far as Ft Zach, be careful - it's under new management with a horrendous price increase - like 10-fold. Crazy rules, etc.

Be sure to check out the Key West Weddings discussion group at Yahoo Groups too - been very helpful in reviewing vendor service, pricing, etc.

Have fun!

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting Married in Key West

Irishpet: I THINK the price hike at Fort Zach only applies to weddings on the beach, not at the fort itself, which makes a nice backdrop. Weddings at the fort are done by the Friends group there, and I don't think the new vendor has any control over pricing. Wish I could find the Friends' web site right now!