We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

Columbus, OH
2 posts
Save Topic
Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

Any suggestions? I am looking for a place for a family vacation - my husband & I, my brother & his girlfriend & my parents. Would prefer something on the beach with a nice pool close to downtown Key West.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

Under $200 might be hard to find, since you sound like you need a 2 BR with sofabed. We stayed at the Hyatt Sunset Harbor this weekend and paid $205 for a 1 BR apt, but that only slept 4 people. They have 2 BR's, but not sure of the price, probably closer to $300. Check it out!

o fallon il
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

Have you tried a service that does short term rentals. they offer some bigger places. I have used historic hideaways and they are pretty good.(Martin was the man I dealt with) We rented a 2 bedroom townhouse in the truman annex for 1600 for the week. It had 2 bedrooms, and 2 1/2 baths and would be large enough for 6. It had a washer and dryer and full kitchen. It was near a nice pool, close to Fort Zachary beach, and had a covered patio with table and grill. That is a pretty expensive area but I think you may be able to find something for the price you are looking for not in the Truman annex.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

If nothing else comes your way, this isn't within walking distance to downtown, you might want to look into the Hyatt Beach House. It's located right over the bridge as you enter the key, so it's about a 5 minute drive or so from downtown. They have two bedroom, two bath units with a full kitchen, living area (with pull out sofa), approx 9' x 9' screened in porch and washer/dryer. For the best price go to the Hyatt website. It's actually part of a vacation club that rents out rooms when available. When we were there in January we paid $205/nt. It's a very nice facility with a nice pool area and a small sandy beach (I don't think it's a swimming beach though) with a tiki hut to get beverages and snacks.

Here's also a couple sites to look at to maybe get some ideas:

keywest.rentalo.com/key_west_condo_rental.htm

http://www.fla-keys.com/listing.cfm?id=168

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

donkey69 -

What time of year are you planning on visiting Key West? If you're going somewhere between Easter Monday and mid-December, you'll have a much better chance of hitting that sub-$200 mark. If you're going during high season, it will be hard to get that price.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
829 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a cottage/condo/suite/house for 6 ppl - under...

We're current staying in a condo that we rented for a week. It is super nice and comfortably sleeps all seven of us. I think it's in your price range too. No ocean view, but a nice location and a small pool. It's located at Truman and Duval. Here is a link:

http://www.athomekeywest.com/seaturtle.html

Get answers to your questions about Key West