We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent restaurants in Key West?

Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Excellent restaurants in Key West?

I am looking for a couple of great restaurants to visit in Key West in July. My husband and I are visiting for a three day romantic getaway. We are adverse to crowds, atmosphere and the quality of food are important. We love seafood. Any suggestions?

Collingswood, NJ
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

Hello! I just returned, had a great time - pockets a bit lighter because of eating... anywhere for that matter.

Check out A&B Lobster House as well - how do others feel about this place? We ate there one night and had a delicious meal. A bit pricey - along the lines of Louie's pricewise but we had a great view and great food. Try the appetizer "escargo saute.." the sauce they used over top of those snails was absolutley amazing!!!

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,167 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

Re Blue Heaven - I would rather be over at the Bight or El Meson de Pepe later in te evening, so I usually set aside one afternoon to do some shopping and then hit Blue Heaven in the middle of the afternoon. There are fewer people there and the service is better, and it's been my impression that they serve the same things for lunch and dinner so you don't miss anything. It is a pleasant time away from the pool or beach.

Pjk

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

We have two must-haves for our Key West trips: first night's dinner at Seven Fish (we make the reservation in advance) and Sunday brunch at Blue Heaven. Lobster Benedict with Key Lime hollandaise- need I say more?!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

We ate at Camille's last week for the first time and it was absolutely delicious. We had breakfast which they serve till 2 everyday and they also have a dinner menu. Great service and a nice atmosphere inside with a bar.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

Paddlinuit and PJK - thanks again, so much, for your Blue Heaven tips! :) I guess I did sound like I was crowd-averse in my first post, but I didn't mean to...I don't mind crowds or a long wait, as long as it's worth the time and money! :) At almost all the good places to eat in NOLA, a wait is mandatory, so I certainly don't mind. And thanks again to everyone for all the tips and must-haves -- I am taking copious notes and planning my meals carefully!! ;) yum!

chicago
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Excellent restaurants in Key West?

My girls (age 16,15,11) and I ate at Blue Heaven for dinner on our recent June 2005 trip. We went just before sunset (8pm ish) to avoid crowds and it worked marvelously. We had no wait on a Monday evening. Atmosphere is quite rustic, so be prepared. We enjoyed the outdoor experience. Initial reaction of the youngest was (ewwwwwwww!), the older two liked the atmosphere. Must admit, we were all won over by the food, very, very flavorful and delicious. I had a rare tuna appetizer and we all split a bruschetta and it was plenty for my meal. My older two split a jerk chicken entree and a side salad (though we did ask for an additional side of plantains....yummy!) and there was plenty, we had no room for dessert, but when we asked to purchase an entire banana bread to go, they obliged, even though they normally don't do this without 24 hours advance notice! We enjoyed it for breakfast the next morning :) Girls kept asking to return.

Also ate at a place called Caroline's. Fun because it was on main drag, Duval, across from Hard Rock Cafe and there was a lot of people watching. Portions were ridiculously large, but quality was just ok. We had a long wait, as there was some delay in the kitchen. Rest room facilities left a little to be desired, so on that alone I would not recommend.

Get answers to your questions about Key West