We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pretenders in Paradise

Philipsburg...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Pretenders in Paradise

We were interested in going to the Pier House for the Pretenders in Paradise Costume Contest. Can you go even if you aren't entering? Previous pics I found online show the costumes to be very interesting with a lot of work involved. Is there a cover charge if you are not entering the contest?

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
4,605 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

From what I understand, it's open to the public as a part of FF events. Be assured that you will pay the dues in the form of drinks and if you stop to think about it, pretty fair trade eh?

Philipsburg...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

Thanks Seabus, I know that everything will be quite crowded but this looked like it might be interesting. The Toga Party will be too crowded to get into from what I hear on TA. We are staying from Oct 24 til the 31. I hate to waste a beautiful day in KW getting to Sloppy Joes early trying to save a table. I think we would rather mingle and check out the crazy scene.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

I believe I read somewhere that it will cost $28 to get into the Pretenders in Paradise party.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,807 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

fantasyfest.net/pretenders_in_paradise.htm

Pjk

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

Its one of my favorite events during the week. The costumes (some of them) are unbelievable. I forget how much tickets are but I think they were around 20 if you bought them before hand and about 5 dollars more at the door. We would get there at 6 (when doors open) and get a spot on the beach and just wait for the show. There were additional bars set up as well as a hotdog booth or two so it was easy to get food and drink. I don't remember it as being to expensive.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

Are there restrooms conveniently located?

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
35,807 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

If you are facing the beach-side bar from the beach, there are men's and lady's around the corner to the left, just past the water fountain.

Pjj

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

I never had a problem. There are a couple around the area.

Kentucky
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

You can make reservations for a table with Carol Miller at the Pier House. Dinner is included with table at a cost of $115 each. Well worth it for the table alone!

Just completed our reservation and am so excited.

Have fun.

Florida
Level Contributor
10,821 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pretenders in Paradise

Be careful with the table thing. The regulars and management / judges get the best viewing tables. If you get something that really doesn't give you a good view except for the wall where they show whats going on with a camera, its not a good deal.