We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxis

nebraska
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Topic
cost of taxis

wondering what the costs of taxis are. traveling with 2 kids. do they charge a fee for each person? have read some posts saying that they did, but that doesnt seem fair:{

just wanted a sampling of some prices you all might have had.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxis

I've never noticed a per-person charge. (Then again, the only times I've needed a taxi are times I've been drunk.)

Check out the Pink Taxi Web site: http://www.keywesttaxi.com/Rates.htm

I think you're thinking of the shuttles that pick people up at hotels.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,810 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxis

There are two types; metered or straight charge per trip. The Maxi Taxis are the best IMO of the latter and which is cheaper depends on how far from the airport you are going. Usually the Maxis are the better deal. They are 15.00 per trip and not per person IIRC. If nothing else the drivers are interesting to talk to.

Pjk

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of taxis

Taxi/Van rate is preset for travel from airport to Old Town: $7.50 per person. Does add up!

Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
5,100 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of taxis

Taxis in KW are expensive. If you are travelling with your family use the metered taxis, otherwise they charge by the passanger. A ride from the airport to old town will cost about $15 on the meter, and it is only about 3 miles. Fortunately, old town is compact and you can walk or take a bike anywhere in that area.

Get answers to your questions about Key West