We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are the happening bars in KW?

Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
694 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
What are the happening bars in KW?

I havent been down in like 7 years. What are the good, fun popular bars with good music?

Bien
$, Latin, Fusion, Caribbean
La Grignote
$$ - $$$, French, Cafe
Keys Coffee Co.
$, American, Cafe, Healthy
Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
372 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

What's nice is most bars charge little or no cover so you can wander into as many as you can take in one night. We found better bands at Green Parrot and Hogs Breath during our last trip. I didn't want to like Hogs Breath because I thought it was too touristy but we kept finding ourselves going back there for the entertainment, from the band and the patrons ;) .

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

Indeed there is 305 Duval Street

Mentioned in this post
Duval Street
Duval Street
11,582 Reviews
Key West, FL
Bristol, Rhode...
Level Contributor
484 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

There sure is...

http://www.fattuesdaykw.com/

earth
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

Schooner Wharf hands down coldest and cheapest beer on the island, great live music and awesome buffalo shrimp. If Michael McCloud is playing then don't miss it.

Mentioned in this post
Schooner Wharf Bar
Schooner Wharf Bar
2,257 Reviews
Key West, FL
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
694 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

I looked online and found a place called Enoch (i think its a dance club), and Divas (drag show). Those sound like fun. ANyone been to these?

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

While I love the Schooner like no other bar in the world, the coldest and cheapest beer (at a bar worth going to) is at The Green Parrot.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

Fat Tuesday's is still there! We frequently stopped there last week. Stop at the visitor center on the way in and grab a few coupons for $1 off any frozen drink or a free jello shooter!

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: What are the happening bars in KW?

We were told to try the Sands Beach Club and Bar at the end of Simonton St, so we did. Well, we only got apps and drinks, which were OK, but the scenery was more than we asked for. The outdoor tiki bar is to the side of the seating area, and the crowd there obviously had been there a while. They were loud and crazy and one of the well endowed announced she wanted her picture taken topless. Well about that time she crawls up on the bar and pulls up her shirt for a shot with the female bartender. She gets that over with and then runs down to the water which is only a few feet away and takes her top off again, having a guy come up behind her and hold her boobs for the next shot! That was not so bad, but then this other lady walks up and takes off her top and skirt, only to show she was wearing nothing under it, is completely nude and smiles with the other two for another pix. It really did not bother me, but just wanted you all to know if you have kids with you in an area that offers lots of clothing optional places, beware of what you might see. So much for my conch fritters!!!