We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

cleveland OH
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

We are going to Key West July 11th-15th. We would like a hotel close to all of the fun bars and restaurants (walking distance) but don't want to spend $299/night. The hotel and rooms do not have to be 5-star but not a dump either. Something nice to sleep in because we'll likely be out all day and part of the night!

First time to Key West so any must do bars and restaurants ( I love raw bars) will be appreciated! Thank you!

NY
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

Curry Mansion is the place to stay. Location, Location, location.

Have been to KW 5 times stayed at the Curry Mansion all but the first time. Breakfast included and happy hour 5 - 7 pm.

Breakfast includes any and all of the folowing:

Coffee, tea, cocoa, OJ, cranberry, grapefruit juice, cereal, fruit, croissant, french bread, bagel, english muffin, assorted cream cheese, pound cake, omelette of your choice made before you, includes your choice of bacon, ham, peppers, onions, cheese, sausage, ham, potatoes, leeks. Served from 8 - 10. No worry about getting up to eat.

Cocktail Hours

All beer, wine, soda, mixers, scotch, vodka, gin, rum, bourbon, etc. Chips, salsa, crackers, cheese, pretzels, nuts, cheese fish.

They have a piano player that takes requests. He will play anything.

Now, we have been there when the crowd had been very young, 20's to 70's and have never felt out of place and have always had fun.

It is not super luxurious - it is a bed and breakfast but not stuffy and a great place to stay all in all.

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
791 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

We stayed at the Gardens Hotel on Angela Street- 1 block from Duval. When you walked on Duval it was halfway between Mallory Sq and Southernmost point. Very convenient. And the hotel was superb. Beautiful rooms, gardens, staff, pool and hot tub. Hardwood floors and marble baths. we just returned and paid with taxes $205 per night. Expanded cont. breakfast included. I highly recommend it. And they had a parking spot for our car!

florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

We just got back from three nights at the Key West Harbor Inn B&B. It was awesome! Within minutes from all the fun but set in a secluded tropical paradise. Check out the website. We paid $139.00 per night for a room with a small fridge, queen size bed, nice shower and bathroom, beach towels supplied daily, happy hour everyday i.e. free drinks such as Capt. Morgan, wine , beer, snacks, and music. They had bike rentals available. Ice machine and soda machine. Read the reviews on the trip advisor B&B section. GOOD LUCK!!! Also, parking was no problem if driving. Located at the end of Elizabeth St. right next to the historic seaport and Kermit's famous key lime store! Two blocks from Sloppy Joe's!

florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

Also, they had continental breakfast every morning. Good coffee, but we never really ate there because we were so close to Pepe's. We love it there for breakfast. At the very end of the wharf area is a place called Monty's. During happy hour they had great prices on the raw bar especially when stone crabs are in season.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

If your just looking for a place to put your head down the Best Western Hibiscus is your best bet. Stayed in over $300 B&B's in the past but at $129 a night you cannot compare. Large, Clean, comfortbale rooms 1 block from duval with parking.. Check out the reviews..............

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,160 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

Less than two years ago we stayed at Merlin Guesthouse and had our own little cottage for $129.00. Full kitchen, bath, living room and bedroom. Even a small front porch to sit on. Not fancy, but fun.

North Metro ATL, GA
Level Contributor
795 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

Cleveland Girl -

The Blue Parrot is very centrally located, and a few blocks from Duval Street.

http://www.blueparrotinn.com/

As for raw bars, there are many good choices (though it's not really raw oyster season) - Origami on Duval has amazing sushi.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
114 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: What hotel to stay at close to Duval street/the action but...

nassau house is the place to stay. we walked everywhere we went and they had a package deal when we stayed there. we got a free "dolphin/snorkel excursion" which was great, free ghost tour which was my favorite and when you get back to the B&B they gave us a book from the tour signed by the author!! and we also got tickets for the hemingway house tour. our package also included bikes for the weekend which we used our last two days there to ride around the cemetary and around town. the guys there are more than helpful with everything. we've never had people at a resort/B&B help us out as much as they did.

the rooms were nice and spacious, each had a mini fridge and microwave and there was even a telescope and lounge chairs outside of our room for looking at the stars. the little lagoon was so nice to go in and relax at night time. me and my fiance spent a few nights just hanging out and relaxing in there. the food they made every morning was absolutely delicious. i never wanted to be late for breakfast just because i wanted to have their homemade food every morning! and even though it was a B&B with several other rooms and people there we never saw anyone else other than breakfast time. the house is very nice and private and whether you're out on your deck or in the lagoon you always seem to have it all to yourself.

i could go on and on for days because i really have nothing bad to say about this place. check their website for their specials!!!

Get answers to your questions about Key West