We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Stores in KW

Louisiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Grocery Stores in KW

We will be spending a week in Key West at the end of June and will have a condo. Being from Louisiana, I'm confident that I'll be doing a good bit of cooking since it's really one of my favorite hobbies. We plan to hit a grocery store as soon as we get settled in. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary while we're there and we'd like to have a nice steak and lobster dinner cooked "cajun" style. Would anyone have a suggestion for a grocery store that has good fresh steaks and seafood? Also, are Louisiana products readily available in grocery stores ... like seasonings and coffee? We tend to like those hot and strong ... respectively.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Stores in KW

The Waterfront Market has wonderful meat, seafood and produce. I haven't looked for Louisiana products there, so I'm not sure what they have.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Stores in KW

It's tough to find some cajun stuff, but you can check out what Winn-Dixie has. Pick up some Cuban coffee if you want to kick-start your morning. (Available at most grocery stores.) I'd suggest visiting Peppers of Key West if you really need some spice.

Mentioned in this post
Peppers of Key West
Peppers of Key West
434 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,211 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Stores in KW

There is a store called Peppers which specializes in sauses, everything from mild to spicey, and I think they even have a Cajun style. They are on Caroline, IIRC, and usually have a tray of samples.

Pjk

Mentioned in this post
Caroline's Cafe
Caroline's Cafe
5,822 Reviews
Key West, FL