We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic B&B

New York
Level Contributor
38 posts
142 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic B&B

To celebrate a 25th wedding anniversary, we are going to Key West in late October. We are looking for somewhere that will give us a real feeling of being in Key West, not an impersonal chain hotel, and an atomosphere conducive to romance. Any suggestions? We have a budget of $150-200 a night, and unfortunately our anniversary seems to coincide with part of Fantasy Fest (we could have planned this better, back in 1980, but who knew?)

Thanks

arkansas
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic B&B

Unfortunately, room prices spike during Fantasy Fest, so even though you may be able to find something in your price range during the rest of your trip it might be ridiculously high for Fantasy Fest. For a good idea of prices, check out keywestinns.com.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic B&B

Also try: www.florida-inns.com

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic B&B

Most B & B room rates will increase significantly around October 26 or 27, and will come back down the following Monday(October 31). Other than those 5 days, the rates should be pretty reasonable. Check out Ambrosa Too, The Mango Tree Inn, Island City House, and the Angelina Guesthouse. Our anniversary is October 23rd, and we will be there from October 20 to November 2. Maybe we will run into you, who knows. If you stay at Ambrosia, we definately will run into you. Another great spot is the Gardens, but they are pricier. Good luck.

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic B&B

Island City House is kid friendly, which might not lead to romance. Otherwise it's a fine place. I like Marerro's. Old Victorian mansion, impeccably maintained. The innkeeper, John, is very accomodating. It's close to the tomfoolery of Duval, yet still quiet. It's also a friendly kind of place. The people we've met there have been very interesting. According to some books, it's the most haunted guesthouse on the island, which means its on several tours. One possible draw back: the pool is clothing optional. Some will be naked, but if this bothers you, you are not going to enjoy Fantasy Fest.

Weeki Wachee, Fl.
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic B&B

We are celebrating our aniversary in May at the Nassau House B & B and renewing our marriage vows there. They have been most helpful and we haven't even gotten there yet! Booked the Honeymoon Suite too! Check them out.

Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
468 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romantic B&B

For a romantic stay........

The Garden House......

The Ambrosia House.....(My Top pick)

Simonton Court & Cottages....

The Whispers........

The Curry Manshion.......

All these have web sites also.........

Maine
Level Contributor
830 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romantic B&B

Staying at Whispers for a week starting this Thursday. Will post a romance report on B&B reviews when we return!

Boston...
Level Contributor
112 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romantic B&B

We just booked Southernmost Point on the Beach for Oct 21 and 22 for under $200...after that it is $300 or more because of Fantasty Fest - we had no idea this was Fantasty Fest week...never heard of it....Now I am thinking...do I want to change my ressies and book something mid Keys...we have a car, coming in from Ft. Lauderdale and have three nights booked at the Marriot in Key Largo...I know Key West is always "bustling" but I am wondering if this Fantasty Fest deal will be over the top and even enjoyable for us. Will it still be possible to do the Trolley tour and some other touristy things on those days...

We still have a bit of time to decide....

Traveler 2005 - Good luck with whatever you decide to book and Happy Anniversary.

NannyJan

Clifton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
801 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Romantic B&B

We just got back from Key west and stayed at The Gardens Hotel. It was wonderful. I'm probably in your age group. There were hard wood floors, marble baths, garden rooms with big porches and comfy chairs, a pool, hot tub, a continental breakfast, staff was friendly and helpful. Rooms were spotless and there was a place to park the car. I highly recommend it.

Westwood, NJ
Level Contributor
992 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Romantic B&B

Aloha- I have friends who just returned from a stay at The Nassau House and LOVED IT! Also found the staff extremely helpful. Enjoy!