We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Our two kids and my Mr. and I are celebrating our 30th and sons birthday. Clueless about the restaurants, as this will be our first trip to the Keys. We'd like nice atmosphere for anniversary dinner and fun for our sons birthday. Thank you for your help!

6 replies to this topic
MD
Level Contributor
677 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

My favorite place that we ate at in Key West was Lattitudes, which is actually on Sunset Key, but they have a ferry that is free and part of the restaurant if you eat there. We at there for our anniversary as well. We sat outside right by the water at sunset which was incredible. The food and atmosphere was fantastic. I am not sure how fun that would be for a 14 year old's birthday though, but if he likes views and good food, he would love it too.

Edited: 8:56 pm, August 13, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,940 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Here is my review of a dinner at Lattitudes including some photos ---> https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Revie…

Part of what made it so special was the nice evening with wind rustling the palm fronds on the beach and the number of sunset sail boats just off shore.

Pjk

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,322 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Another choice of mine would be Michael's, has a good Key West vibe and great steaks and seafood.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,769 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

We're big fans of Latitudes, but we go there for lunch. Can't beat sitting at a table on the beach for atmosphere. As much as we enjoy the food at Latitudes, I think Michaels is even better. We like to sit outside on the patio. They both have a nice atmosphere but I'm not sure either place could really be considered "fun" though. Sunset Pier is fun but a very different vibe.

Mentioned in this post
Latitudes
Latitudes
4,164 Reviews
Key West, FL
Sunset Pier
Sunset Pier
3,141 Reviews
Key West, FL
Adrian, Michigan
Level Contributor
456 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Never been to Latitudes . But have been to Louie's back yard . Quite the "Special Setting " if you ask me . Ocean side available , food is just great . Kids may not be impressed but you never know about teens . If you are planning to celebrate the events separately a less formal setting may be better for the teens . Maybe Conch Republic or The Boathouse , something on the bight .

Mentioned in this post
Latitudes
Latitudes
4,164 Reviews
Key West, FL
The Boathouse
The Boathouse
786 Reviews
Key West, FL
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
41 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday

Can't beat Latitudes on Sunset Key. Just celebrated our 30th there 2 mos ago. If you have enough time, find out when sunset will occur on the night of your dinner and try to get reservations 30 minutes before. If is a great time to enjoy and celebrate.

Reply to: ? to eat 4 R 30th Wedding Anniversary & Teen Birthday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Key West