We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

billings,mt
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

I never trust the forecast too much but it sure looks rainy the week we are there. Hoping for sunny skies for our dinner at Latitudes on Thursday and Monday the following week for Dry Tortuga's.

Mentioned in this post
Latitudes
Latitudes
4,165 Reviews
Key West, FL
Bien
$, Latin, Fusion, Caribbean
La Grignote
$$ - $$$, French, Cafe
Keys Coffee Co.
$, American, Cafe, Healthy
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
15,503 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

We went down earlier this week, that 36% chance was all over us in Kew West, but the middle/upper Keys were bright and sunny. There's just no telling where or when the rains will come.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,230 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

There's been a chance - just a chance - of rain in the forecast since May. We haven't seen any in over a week in the middle Keys. And that was just a day and it had been several weeks before that without any.

SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,964 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

We've had a lot of rain in Key West. A few days ago it rained most of the day. It is hit and miss.

This is the rainy season. I don't know why people are surprised by a wet forecast.

I agree with the prior post tggat the weather forecast is not accurate more than a day or so out, and sometimes not even then. You're trip is already booked, so why worry about it now.

I hope you get plenty of sun when you're here, but people who book in late summer and fall need to understand you are taking a risk. These are some of the wettest months of the year. While rain often moves through and then the sun comes out, a tropical storm can bring a few days of very wet weather. Hopefully not when you are here!

Edited: 10:05 am, August 10, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Webster, New York
Level Contributor
275 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

We were there last year in August. It was extremely rainy but we did not let that ruin our fun. We even planned for power outages. Go with the flow, a rainy day in paradise is still better than a day at work!!

Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,326 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

There is rain in the forecast almost every day in the summer. Sometimes you get it and sometimes you don't, you never know until you get up in the morning and see what the weather is and sometimes that is wrong too !

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

Where are you getting your forecast? I checked Accuweather and I think the forecast looks amazing. We arrive on Tuesday and the only real chance of rain showing isn't until Sunday. Otherwise, it's quite minimal. The only time I'm worried about rain is when we go on our sail/snorkel/kayak trip on Wednesday, but it's looking pretty amazing if you ask me.

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

Are you talking 8/16 or 8/23?

billings,mt
Level Contributor
223 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

Just checked Accuweather and it looks more promising. We arrive on the 16th and leave the 25th so plenty of time for sunshine. I'm not worried in the least having been to Key West a few times and we can still have a good time even with rain.

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

The only way I check the weather is by looking at the radar. The percentages usually keep changing, and they are usually wrong.

10. Re: Arriving next Wednesday- rainy??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Key West