We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decide my hotel for me

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Decide my hotel for me

Hey guys, I've read these forums to death and have narrowed down my hotel choices. I can't seem to pull the trigger as none seem to have "that thing" that would help me decide. I'm hoping you can give me some feedback. My list is:

Almond Tree Inn

Coco Plum Inn

Orchid Key Inn

Cypress House

Marquesa Hotel

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Almond Tree Inn
Almond Tree Inn
1,815 Reviews
Key West, FL
Coco Plum Inn Bed and Breakfast
Coco Plum Inn Bed and...
654 Reviews
Key West, FL
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
2,321 Reviews
Key West, FL
Cypress House Hotel : Key West
Cypress House Hotel...
552 Reviews
Key West, FL
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
1,113 Reviews
Key West, FL
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
#2 of 51 hotels in Key West
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
#6 of 51 hotels in Key West
The Perry Hotel Key West
The Perry Hotel Key West
#9 of 51 hotels in Key West
Fort Myers Beach...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
4,329 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decide my hotel for me

Of the three I would choose Orchid Key Inn, it has everything going for it including a great bar. With the rest of your list you really can't go wrong, they are all nice.

Edited: 8:31 am, August 06, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
2,321 Reviews
Key West, FL
Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
16,381 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decide my hotel for me

Cypress House was out 'go to' place for many years. Management changed, and, we haven't been back. Love the location, and, understand the rooms have had nice upgrades since we stayed there.

We also stayed at Coco Plum a few years back. No complaints, I was worried about noise from the Green Parrot, but, to wasn't an issue at all. At the time they served huge breakfasts, not sure if that is still true.

I haven't stayed at the others, but, certainly would if the price was right.

Mentioned in this post
Cypress House Hotel : Key West
Cypress House Hotel...
552 Reviews
Key West, FL
SDT
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
11,965 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decide my hotel for me

I think The Marquesa is the nicest of these. In my opinion, it is a whole different level of luxury made up of beautiful historic homes and lush grounds. It is also adults only, which I don't think the others are.

I am very surprised the price is similar. I would expect a substantial premium for the Marquesa over these other guest houses. I like Orchid Key as well, but it is a renovated motel, so you don't get the historic home feeling of your other choices.

Edited: 11:47 am, August 06, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
1,113 Reviews
Key West, FL
Orchid Key Inn
Orchid Key Inn
2,321 Reviews
Key West, FL
Key West
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decide my hotel for me

I agree with SDT. The Marquesa is a gorgeous little boutique hotel that is a step above your other choices. The location is perfect, and the grounds and rooms are beautiful. The staff gets rave reviews, pampering you and making your visit special. This definitely would be my choice.

Mentioned in this post
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
1,113 Reviews
Key West, FL
Pottsville...
Level Contributor
971 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decide my hotel for me

I stayed at the Coco Plum Inn and plan on staying my visit so I would pick that one. Location is just so you are close enough to both ends of the island to explore a little more.

Mentioned in this post
Coco Plum Inn Bed and Breakfast
Coco Plum Inn Bed and...
654 Reviews
Key West, FL
Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decide my hotel for me

If you're able to stay at The Marquesa for at or near the same price as the others, this is a literal no brainer.

Mentioned in this post
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
1,113 Reviews
Key West, FL
Tampa, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Decide my hotel for me

Thanks guys for all the help. We just booked the Marquea (which was roughly in the same price range for us avg 250-300 a night)

Treasure Island, FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decide my hotel for me

I would choose Marquesa. I would love to stay there, but we never travel without our furr baby. We stay at Ambrosia which is right by Marquesa. The location can't be beat. Enjoy your stay!

Mentioned in this post
Marquesa Hotel
Marquesa Hotel
1,113 Reviews
Key West, FL
9. Re: Decide my hotel for me

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 12, 2018