We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in KW

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Weather in KW

I have heard that the humidity in KW can be brutal. However, I just looked online, and for today it says 87* with 75% humidity. Where I'm at, it is 85* with 72% humidity. Seems pretty comparable and like we won't really notice a difference? For us, this is a very mild July. LOL

We are coming to KW in 4 weeks. Will the weather be comparable?

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
15,285 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in KW

perhaps I am dense but how do we know where "where i'm at" is ? comparable to where ?

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in KW

Will the weather in KW be comparable in 4 weeks to what it is today in KW?

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in KW

Its like soup out there right now.

I've never been to Where I'm at so can't say how it compares.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in KW

Yes. Likely with less wind. Its like this until early October.

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in KW

Baring rain, etc. I'm talking average temp and humidity. I can live quite comfortably with 75% humidity. Not sure if this is what people are saying is "brutal"...

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
16,332 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in KW

Yes. The weather is mostly like today until early October or even longer. We generally get less wind mid August to October. The humidity is actually lower today than it has been and can see out my windows today - yesterday I couldn't because of the condensation. If we get a tropical wave, like we had last week, expect more rain and humidity as well.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in KW

I don't know where you are but the humidity on an island is like none other. This summer so far has been particularly brutal , not sure of the stats just my observation. When I walk out side I immediately sweat..ive been traveling in and out since June and no other place has been as humid although the temps have been higher. Hope that helps.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,494 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in KW

You can't judge by the humidity...it''s the dew point temperature...right now in Key West the dew point is 76...in weather lingo anything above 70 is oppressive. I can guarantee "where you are" is far less than 76 degrees dew point.

https:/…humidity-vs-dewpoint

Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in KW

Thank you for the education Eric. I was trying to understand how it could feel so different. We will get to 72 today for a dew point. Our current is 68.

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,494 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in KW

Jeff...that's still pretty uncomfortable. Here in Madison it's at 72 and I just now cut the A/C on! Air temp is 85. The question everyone wants to know....where are you?;) Have a great trip to the Keys!

Get answers to your questions about Key West