We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Which Key West hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Can someone recommend a good outfit for dolphin/snorkel/sunset cruises in Key West? I've read that some of these dolphin cruise companies are a little shady - I want to make sure I use a company that respects nature and is responsible.

Anyone use the Schooner Liberty for sunset cruises, or Sebago Catamarans for snorkling/dolphin watch? Thanks for any advice!

Virginia
Level Contributor
48 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

did the Liberty Schooner last year for the Sunset Cruise, it was wonderful. Unlimited beer, wine, (cheapo) champagne, snacks & conch chowder. Left the island just before sunset and stayed out until we had identified every constellation and it's cousin. It's a great feeling to leave the bay right before sunset when the wind just starts to kick up and the ship leans into it, undescribable.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

I love the Sebego sunset and snorkeling cruises. The crew is great and so friendly- they really want to make sure you're having a good time. Also, I like that Sebego is located right by the Schooner Wharf bar. There's nothing better then cruising in after an afternoon on the water and then hitting happy hour with great live music! I'll be there in June, and it's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
84 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Oops, I meant Sebago! I spelled it wrong.

You check it out more here.

www.keywestsebago.com

New York
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Have done Sebago twice. It's just as advertised, but can get a little crowded. As a catamaran, it doesn't feel like as much fun as a schooner. Two weeks ago we took the schooner Appledore for the second time. It, too, is right by the Schooner Wharf Bar and cost $35. Would take it again in a heart beat.

Key West, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Dream Catcher Charters does a great private snorkel, sunset, dolphin watch trip. They've been around for 10 years! Check out their website:

www.key-west-dolphin-watch.com.

key west
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Key West dolphin/sunset cruises?

Look for Dolphin companies that are members of the Florida Keys Wild Dolphin Alliance.