We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconut Palm Inn

michigan
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coconut Palm Inn

Anyone familar with the Coconut Palm Inn MM92. Is this close to restaurants and other activities?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coconut Palm Inn

Have stayed there for a week and docked our boat on the pier. I beleive Kathy is still the manager. Very nice and obliging. Clean, hammocks everywhere and palms trees galore. Believe me, we were there when they were being planted. Small but clean pool, very "Keezee" (the Keys termanology). Just hang out, quaint and no commercialized.

stop at the Islamorado Fish House for dinner at sunset. Have a rum runner drink.

Don't forget to stop at Holiday Isle and Chili Willies Rest. Fun Time for any age.

Stamford, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coconut Palm Inn

funny i should be looking at coconut palm inn and see someone asking questions about it on tripadvisor...we were here for a couple of days about three years ago when we did a florida coastal tour,the pictures on the website brought back how idyllic we found the place and truth be told i see their shampoo bottles every day at home cause they are on my shelf as a reminder!!

we used their kayak to go for a paddle and the place itself as the base for a trip down as far as key west, stopping at some of the other islands en route...it is the second of the islands as you come off the main part of florida,after key largo and blink and you may miss it!! its called Tavernier.

i recall a cafe across the road, the copper kettle /? where we ate first night, not too bad but there is a great huntin",shootin" fishin" supersize type store that you"d only find in the US that appeared to have a great fish restaurant around the back and that was a few miles,not too many, down the road in the general direction of key west..didnt eat there but wished we"d had time for it..

the rooms were well presented and the wooden shuttering and cool colours were in total keeping with the atmosphere the place created...also recall now having breakfast outside under the trees,barefoot on the sandy shore....its all coming back....bootiful!!

chetz

3. Re: Coconut Palm Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 27, 2009