We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
116 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

My husband is working in Miami for a few weeks and when this latest arctic blast hit DC, the kids and I decided to join him! We're heading to Key Largo tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. We've never been. We're hoping to do a glass bottom boat Friday afternoon, but don't have plans beyond that. I thought we might drive out along the keys on Saturday? Is it worth going out to Key West for lunch and then turning around? I've heard it's a beautiful drive, and we've had lots of beach time this week (except for my husband! This "working vacation" has not had a fair division of labor!). Our kids are 5, 3 and 22mo. Any advice is much appreciated!! THANK YOU!

Mentioned in this post
Key West
Key West
Florida Keys, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,505 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

It would be a very long ride for the kids. Instead, I would drive down to Islamorada. You could let the kids feed the tarpon at Robbie's, drive over some GORGEOUS bridges (not the bridge - the water below), stop at Anne's beach, and maybe have some lunch at Island Grille. That way, you can really RELAX and not have a stressful drive, but still see the beauty of the Keys! Enjoy!!:)

Mentioned in this post
Islamorada
Islamorada
Florida Keys, FL
Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
116 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

Thanks for the advice!

Key Largo, Florida
Level Contributor
350 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

Theater of the Sea at MM 84 would also be fun for the kids.

4. Re: Impromptu trip tomorrow w/ 3 little kids - advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 03, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations