We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

I'll be staying from 12/31 thru 1/4 at the Ocean Point Suites in Tavernier but have read that Key Largo has fireworks on NYE. I looked at a few of the restaurants that claim good views (e.g. Sundowners, Key Largo Marriott) but the prices are pretty steep for dinner and drinks and I'm really more interested in something laid back with a view. Does such a place exist or do all the places charge an arm and a leg for a view? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Tavernier
Tavernier
Key Largo, FL
Key Largo
Key Largo
Florida Keys, FL
Sundowners
Sundowners
1,793 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Toronto, Canada
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

hi, have same question as above!

Key Largo Florida
Level Contributor
383 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

The Caribbean Club is a good viewing spot and no charge. It only serves drinks so you will have to dine elsewhere. Parking can be hard to find if you dont get there early. I would try to get there by 10:30 or so. There will be a live band there too.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
146 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Key Largo, Florida
Destination Expert
for Key Largo
Level Contributor
1,983 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

Ditto what Gliderwriter wrote. I think Caribbean Club. Is the only free venue. Mind you, when they have a band, drink prices are more. Additionally, it will get packed early and not be as laid back as it normally is. Be careful with drinking & driving as Monroe County is strict on dui's. Am assuming there will be checkpoints between Key Largo and Tavernier.

All the spots mentioned above have a straight on view of the fireworks and are only yards away from them.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean Club
Caribbean Club
146 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Largo
Largo
Florida
Tavernier
Tavernier
Key Largo, FL
4. Re: Best view of fireworks New Year's Eve in Key Largo/Tavernier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo