We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

Missouri
Level Contributor
214 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

I haven't seen anything recent on comparing the two boats from recent travelers....any preference (2 seniors, 2 middle age, 1 young adult travellers)

Key Largo, FL
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

Here's the info on both for you to compare.

Pennekamp 2 1/2 hour tour, cost $24 (Adults) $17 (Under 12)

3 trips 9:15am, 12:15pm, 3pm

Key Largo Princess 2 hour tour, cost $30 (Adults) $17 (Children)

3 trips 10am, 1pm, 4pm

You can pick up coupons for both at the Key Largo Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center at MM 106 bayside

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

There was this thread in January

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34344-i287-k41777…

Delray Beach, FL
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

The Princess does not deserve your money.

We bought two adult tickets at 12:45PM the day of our scheduled 4:00PM cruise and were told to be at the boat no later than 3:50. We arrived early and stood around outside baking in the HOT Florida sun while the boat crew was laughing and joking around on deck.

At 4:05PM we were greeted by one of the crew members and she informed all of us that the boat had a 10 person "minimum" and since there were only eight of us, we were out of luck.

When I purchased the tickets, I was not informed of this policy or the possibility of the trip being cancelled. If I had known this, we would have gone elsewhere instead of basically wasting three hours of our precious vacation time around Key Largo. To make matters worse, my wife and I both took Dramamine an hour before the scheduled departure and had to suffer through a Dramamine-induced fog the rest of the evening.

Would the boat have broken even on expenses with 8 paid adult fares? Probably. Even if they had to take a small loss, they should in the name of good customer relations. I know that I've lost plenty of money on my customers in my business just because it was the right thing to do and it all evens out in the end.

Of course I did get my money back. I'm just extremely disappointed in how this company is run and the loss of our precious vacation time.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
4,596 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

^they certainly should have cancelled the trip much sooner! Many places will let you know to be prepared for a cancellation if things look slow.

I would also recommend the Pennekamp boat because you will be able to go to the beach there, visit the center with all their aquariums, maybe book a kayak tour, etc.

What else is there to do where the Princess boat is? Is that near where the Keys Diver boat leaves from?

5. Re: Princess or Pennekamp Glass Bottom Boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, October 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo