We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to the keys!

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to the keys!

I know this has been posted before and looked back but could not find it. I am looking to get to the keys the easiest way driving. I did read about the turnpike and wondering where we pick this up if we are driving down from st augustine. Or any alternate routes would be helpful too. I dont do the driving, hubby does. But I do the planning and would love to make it as easiest as possible for him. Thanks again for all the help you have given me while planning this trip. 3 days til departing time (BIG SMILE)

1. Re: Getting to the keys!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 pm, December 19, 2005
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to the keys!

Just so you know~~I have a map~~and you are so freaking rude~~you ought to just know~~your going to need one someday yourself~~and i bet it will show you a strait on VOYAGE to you know where! thanks again for your help!

3. Re: Getting to the keys!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 pm, December 19, 2005
Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to the keys!

That was rude. Endeavour, is that you??

I'd check out www.maps.goodle.com, type in 'st. augistine to key largo' and it does tell you to get on the turnpike around FLL which is what you want to do to aviod the Miami traffic. I've found 'maps' to be more accurate than 'mapquest' and I do a lot of driving. Hope that helps.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to the keys!

Another good website is randmcnally.com, where you can put in your start point and your end point and get a map and driving directions.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to the keys!

Of course it is Endeavour, although this chap denies it vehemently. There cannot be two who are as cold and cutting in the way they answer honest questions. The question that keeps being raised is why be so nasty - just don't answer. You don't have to post if you are going to be so rude. What pleasure can you get out of being so derogatory.

I hope smatzke has a great time on holiday. Sorry I cannot give advice on this specific question but I do support you in trying to get the right answers on this forum. I am sure someone will deliver.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
115 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to the keys!

thanks for your help charla and flat~~really appreciate it greatly. i liked the google site~~going to save that for my hubby to look at! (-:

Key Colony Beach...
Destination Expert
for Florida Keys
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to the keys!

I tried to paste a link, but kept getting an error that the word was over 140 characters long - whatever . . .

The last posting was 12-7-05. That may help.

I also posted on the other getting to the keys question, head down I 95 to either Jupiter or Fort Pierce, then get on the tollroad.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to the keys!

Come on Long distance voyeur confirm that you are endeavour 105.

A simple yes or no will suffice.

Then we will be able to understand your venom a little more.

There really is no need for it you know?

Naperville, Illinois
Level Contributor
3,175 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to the keys!

Hey Buffetguy, when you need to paste a long url, you can go to 'www.tinyurl.com' and paste in the url you want. Tinyurl will give you a shortcut that most message boards allow. Cool, huh? (I was a techie geek in a previous life).

Get answers to your questions about Key Largo