We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

We saw a menu online for the Fish House restaurant that looked pretty good, but we all know looks can be deceiving. Has anyone ever tried it and how pricey is it?

Mentioned in this post
The Fish House
The Fish House
3,136 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Naperville, IL
Level Contributor
372 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

Fresh fish, moderate price, what's not to like? ;) We stopped last year on the way back to the airport on the reco of a friend and had a great lunch. Some may not like it because it is mostly in-door seating, no view, but we thought it was good.

Summerland Key...
Level Contributor
2,253 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

We've only been there once, but we liked it. (Although the noise level can be overwhelming when it's busy.) It seems quite popular with locals and tourists alike.

Key Largo
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

Food is good, but water view resturants (why one is in the Keys) are Mandalay, Sundownnners, Marriot Hotel,

Florida Keys...
Level Contributor
127 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

In my opinion..its over rated, over priced and way too noisy. Fish House Encore next door is better. But..

For a great meal with great views..try Snook's or Sundowners.

Melissa

Mentioned in this post
The Fish House Encore
The Fish House Encore
564 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Sundowners
Sundowners
1,781 Reviews
Key Largo, FL
Pensacola, Florida
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever heard of "The Fish House" restaurant, if so, any...

eh, its so-so, and over-rated. If you are only going to eat out once or twice, Go to CALYPSO's. Much better food. Kind of a funky partly-outdoor place on a marina, but after all, you ARE in the Keys. Prices range from fish sandwiches, around $7-9, to more expensive $16-20 dinners, but I've never had a bad meal there - everything's good. It's my favorite place, I've been there 15-20 times (Miami resident). Ballyhoo's is a nicer place and it would be my next choice. Any place is going to cost 16-22 for dinner.

Get answers to your questions about Key Largo
Recent Conversations