We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

We are all 39 yrs old and married but are going on a 3 day scuba trip during the week. Where is a good place to stay that is pretty nice and very convenient to where you meet to go and dive? Who are the top dive guides? Thanks.

Marathon, Florida
Destination Expert
for Marathon, Islamorada
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

"Where is a good place to stay that is pretty nice and very convenient to where you meet to go and dive? "

Do you have a specific place in mind? Where you meet depends on the outfitter you use.

NJ
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

Bluewater nailed it. The problem is that there a lot of marinas, and Largo is a bit more spread out than the other Keys. So if your goal is to be able to roll out of bed and be at the boat within 5 minutes you really need to know the marina location first before searching for the lodging.

As for guides, I wish I could help. I know several of the regulars in the Keys forums snorkel, but I don't think I've seen any recommends for certified diving guides in the time I've been here. Hopefully, someone will have more input for you on that.

The only suggestion I have is to ask other divers you know or google up some diving forums. I fish, and I've recieved some good input on 2 fishing forums I belong to.

Florida
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
Level Contributor
3,753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

When we go out on commercial boats, we usually use Captain Slates. They do lots of trips, including the Speigal Grove. captainslate.com

They are, however, a bit further "north" (i.e., towards Miami) than I would want to stay. Look at Dove Creek Lodge as an option. Dove Creek Lodge share the property with Snappers restaurant. You would probably enjoy hanging out at the bar in the back, back of the property (the Turtle Club) - low key, outdoors, sports on all the TVs DCL would be about a 15 - 20 min drive to Slates.

Titusville FL
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

We bring a dive group to Key Largo at least three times a year. We usually stay at the Suites of Key Largo and dive with Horizon Divers, next door. The Key Largo Coffee House is walking distance and where we eat quite a few meals. They all have a great staff and are reasonable. You are also convenient to other spots in Key Largo.

5. Re: Good place for 3 guys to stay for Scuba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, September 07, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Key Largo